Tech Game Predictions

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
My prediction: I don't have a clue but I do know it will be entertaining.

By entertaining I mean. I will turn on the TV at 8:00 and watch it. This is more than what I did last year at this time. At 8:00 I will have a true belief Iowa has an opportunity to win the game. This is more than I did 3 months ago.
Regardless how this season plays out, or where they finish, or where they go, it is simply exciting to be excited again. Saturday's come to a stop again for 2 1/2 hours during game time. There is a buzz in the air during the weekday when they play that night. This has all been missing the last 2 years. I might be all caught up in the excitement and the Kool-Aid, but this is one of my favorite teams in a long time. Long time. I am fascinated how every player knows their specific role and TJ gets them to mesh. Fascinating and entertaining.

It's tough to win on the road, but when they are dialed in they are tough team to beat. Do I predict a loss? Not that hard to. Do I predict they steal a win? Not that hard to.
I don't want Iowa winning any games.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I could see the final score being 66-63 with either team winning.

It's hard to imagine this game being as low-scoring as the first match-up. Tech likely won't shoot 40% from the line again in their own building and will want to avenge an earlier loss to us. However, we are also a better offensive team now than during that first meeting and will likely shoot better than 30% from the field as well. Having Gabe, Enaruna and Kunc in or near double figures would be enormous.

In the first meeting, Tech made us chew up so much of the shot clock 22 feet away from the rim. I think we need to drive a LOT more and not rely on the high ball screen with Conditt as much. If we're going to turn it over, I'd much rather have it happen driving to the rim than on a contested pass from the wing to the top of the key.

They guard so aggressively and Conditt struggled with that role. He isn't the strongest passer and doesn't look comfortable dribbling out of pressure when they over-pursue. If we choose to still run that offense, Enaruna is much better suited to be up there in those situations.

Hitting threes always helps, but if they aren't falling, I really hope we go inside and try to get to the line and win another rock fight.

Last edited:

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
Conditt is one of the few guys with a positive A/T ratio. I didn't see the Texas game, but Conditt's stats look pretty good with 4 rebounds, 4 assists and only 2 turnovers in 20 minutes.

I like the fact that Conditt doesn't take bad shots, handles the ball well and gets others involved. He also alters a lot of opponent's shots around the rim. We definitely need him to keep doing what he's doing.

Reactions: ISUChippewa

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Conditt is one of the few guys with a positive A/T ratio. I didn't see the Texas game, but Conditt's stats look pretty good with 4 rebounds, 4 assists and only 2 turnovers in 20 minutes.

I like the fact that Conditt doesn't take bad shots, handles the ball well and gets others involved. He also alters a lot of opponent's shots around the rim. We definitely need him to keep doing what he's doing.

At times it looks like our offense isn't necessarily built to get him a lot of shots. I understand him setting up on the elbow to pull his defender away from the rim but it seems difficult for him to get scoring opportunities in our half court sets.

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
No way to predict any of these Big XII games. Makes every game tense but every win is so sweet.

Anyone else wonder if Tech's Coach - Adams - was to Beard what TJ was to Hoiberg/Prohm?
I don’t think so. The guy is 65. He would have had a shot by now if he was the guy.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
This game makes me nervous as hell. I know this team is different and has surprised me. but I have a feeling we loose big. I hope I am wrong but I am thinking something like 70-52.
I’m not nervous because I don’t expect it to be a win.

Jkclone15

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 19, 2017
At times it looks like our offense isn't necessarily built to get him a lot of shots. I understand him setting up on the elbow to pull his defender away from the rim but it seems difficult for him to get scoring opportunities in our half court sets.

There were several times during the Texas game where he was 1-on-1 with his man in the low post and put his hand up to indicate he had positioning if they wanted to pass it down to him and it never happened. Can't argue with the results I guess but you're right they don't seem to be running anything for him atm.