Tech Game Predictions

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Regardless of what happens against Tech our schedule gets much much easier after this thank god!
"Easier" on paper, but as we saw over the last week in the Big 12 there literally is not an off night. People and especially coaches throw that out all of the time, but this conference this year is 100% that, especially on the road. But even at home it's going to be a grind for almost every game. Need to try and win out at home because road wins will be really difficult. Blew a couple of good road opportunities at OU and KU where we could have realistically won either or both. Would have helped eased the burden at home, but is what it is.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
The last one was a grinding rock fight so naturally this one will score in the 80s.

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
I think we keep it close throughout but they figure out how to get Shannon better integrated into the offense. Their homecourt environment (which used to be at the bottom of the league) has really improved over the years and that will help put them over the top. 63-57 TT.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think we keep it close throughout but they figure out how to get Shannon better integrated into the offense. Their homecourt environment (which used to be at the bottom of the league) has really improved over the years and that will help put them over the top. 63-57 TT.

Their bball arena looks similar to their football stadium in that when the fans are into it it's a hornets nest.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
Their bball arena looks similar to their football stadium in that when the fans are into it it's a hornets nest.

If you ever doubt that the B12 is a quality league, look at what membership has meant for Baylor, TCU, and TT and where their athletic programs are compared to when they entered the conference. There’s been significant growth. WV is more of a mixed bag, but they have struggled more in comparison to their records in the Big East.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
No way to predict any of these Big XII games. Makes every game tense but every win is so sweet.

Anyone else wonder if Tech's Coach - Adams - was to Beard what TJ was to Hoiberg/Prohm?

Reactions: RezClone

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
midnight-staley-pain.gif

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I’m very interested in how we’re going to combat their defense pressure. We or rattled at home against it and I’m excited to see what TJ and company scheme up.

Nelcyn

Nov 29, 2012
Colorado
It will be close. Hunter and even Jones are developing nicely. Our strength of schedule is better than TT. If we can get some set plays for Kalscheur in the mid-range or drives that seems to give him confidence for three point shooting. Also some set plays for Kunc from three. If we can spread them out that will go a long ways. Easier said than done against one of the best defenses in college basketball. Good defense can make people look like fools. Another thing, if we do build a lead we need to keep the lead unlike the OU game that got away from us. I think that game was a good learning experience for them, KU too.

Last edited:
Reactions: NWICY

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Regardless of what happens against Tech our schedule gets much much easier after this thank god!
Did you see yesterday's scores and who won/loss? There is no easy stretch in B12 play. Even TCU won yesterday over OU.

OSU beat #1 Baylor AT BAYLOR
KSU beat #19Tech
TCU beat OU
#15ISU beat #21UT

and the only game with a lopsided win was KU over WVU 85-59

Reactions: agentbear

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I think Tech gets us this time. Despite the KSU loss, they're a damn good team and when their fans pack the arena, its a tough place to play. I expect another rock fight; hopefully I'm wrong and we get the W.

• Agree
Reactions: cycophagus

Help Support Us

Become a patron