Brockington deserves his own thread.

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
He definitely reminds me of Stinson the way he puts his head down and drives past the defense. He also grips the ball like Stinson.

Reactions: bawbie

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
How about a combo of Kane and Dustin Hogue???

I definitely see some Hogue in him!

Also, what do you think the beef he has with Fran is about? He repeatedly stared him down throughout the night.

I work with lots of Bucky fans and Fran is easily the most hated coach along with Dingleberry (their name) poking eyes out and other things.

It's not just an ISU thing--it's a whole B1G thing.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
A man amongst boys. He keeps this up, he joins the top-tier transfer list of Royce, Kane, and Shayok.

Reactions: isutrevman

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
A man amongst boys. He keeps this up, he joins the top-tier transfer list of Royce, Kane, and Shayok.

Yeah I keep coming back to that too, he is just so much stronger and more physical than the opponents so far.

Murray got a taste of what he might be facing on D if he does go to the league next year. Just absolutely shut the guy down...while scoring 29 on the other end.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I work with lots of Bucky fans and Fran is easily the most hated coach along with Dingleberry (their name) poking eyes out and other things.

It's not just an ISU thing--it's a whole B1G thing.

I always remember the Wisc player Kaminsky just stood up with the ball in disbelief that this m'fer poked him in the eye again.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
I struggle to think of a better two way player for us since I’ve been watching ISU basketball (which is a long time). Very few have had multiple 30 point outbursts and those capable offensively were not locking down the top scorer in the country and projected lottery pick on the other end (giving up 4 inches by the way). This is not to mention 10 boards (5 offensive).

The energy and intensity required to play at that level on both ends is ridiculous. That was a special performance tonight.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I struggle to think of a better two way player for us since I’ve been watching ISU basketball (which is a long time). Very few have had multiple 30 point outbursts and those capable offensively were not locking down the top scorer in the country and projected lottery pick on the other end (giving up 4 inches by the way). This is not to mention 10 boards (5 offensive).

The energy and intensity required to play at that level on both ends is ridiculous. That was a special performance tonight.

That was my thought too, the comparisons to Stinson make a little sense on offense but I can't imagine him scoring 29 while also completely shutting down the other team's starting forward with crazy long arms who was averaging 24 ppg.

Kane was great on D and a good rebounder for a guard but not quite as good scoring the ball as IB has been. I think he'd have been more likely than Stinson to take on an assignment of shutting down a guy like Murray.

If Murray actually is as good as he's being billed, this defensive performance while dropping in 29 points is insane.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Better all around game and motor than Kane but the '**** you I'm going exactly nowhere' style of play.

Yeah, Kane was great and one tough sob but I can’t see him scoring 29 in a 73 point game.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
I am old and have attended most games since the Orr years. If Brockington continues to play like he has been, he is showing flashes of my all time favorite...Jeff Grayer. Size wise, rebounding, scoring, all around hustle and game IQ. Nobody has ever done it as well as Grayer but Brockington is giving me flashbacks. And Grayer was part of the birth of Hilton Magic...

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
One of the most complete games by an ISU player I've ever seen. Owned the nations leading scorer on defense, scored at every level on offense, just unbelievable game.

• Agree
Reactions: TXCyclones

CyState85

May 8, 2019
I don’t think we have ever had a guy that can elevate off two feet like Brockington. Curious what his vertical is.