All FB coaching rumors and speculation

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I always thought Urban would end up at USC, but never thought Notre Dame would open up. That's been his college dream job - I can't imagine he's too happy down in Jacksonville right now.

Reactions: CyclonesMoney

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It’s not about being zen, it’s being rational.

Do you know how many coaches have been hired by Iowa St of the total coaching pool? An extremely small sample. Even more, about 80% of that 100 isn’t relevant, although some schools can live off past success.

How many times have we hired a coach that had 5 straight years of success?

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
Panic! Panic! Panic!

LMAO... panic? Why? I mean what bigger job has his name not been mentioned with? Might he leave to ND? Sure, But its not exactly news. Successful coach at school A is on bigger school's list for possible job... Shocking. I'm wearing my shocked face right now.

First he was going to USC.
Then he was maybe going to LSU.
Some think he's going to Oklahoma.
Then it was the jets, Lions, Arkansas, Florida State, etc....

He may very well leave for ND. If he does, best wishes to him. But I'm not going to panic if he leaves because I think the foundation is solid though I certainly hope like heck he stays. But I'm certainly not going to panic because he's on a short list . I mean, yeah. He should be. That's not news or panic worthy.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Sure, the odds are a coaching change doesn't work out for us, but we don't know any of that yet. No reason to let it be a bother when it hasn't even happened.

To be fair, you're right here in this thread with everyone else. So if there's no reason to be bothered, why are you reading it? ;)

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Not sure why we have to discuss the LSU /Notre Dame coaching deal in a baseless coaching thread .

Notre Dame is notorious cheap skates. Not sure they would want to buy out to much contract and the pay would be a lot less for a lot do these coaches x should be interesting

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Doesn't seem like something that will effect us.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Nick Saban is trending on Twitter, maybe Notre Dame is making a push on him. Who knows, no job is safe in this years coaching carousel.
It would be funny if all these coaches go to the SEC to try and win championships but then Saban goes to ND and starts winning them there.

Reactions: danvillecyclone

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
7:37 PM CT
In a shocking move, LSU is set to hire Notre Dame's Brian Kelly as its next head football coach, sources told ESPN's Adam Rittenberg, confirming a Yahoo! Sports report.

Kelly, 60, has coached the Irish since 2010 and earlier this season passed Knute Rockne for the most victories in school history.
jim-carey-no-way.gif

Help Support Us

Become a patron