*** Official Xavier vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
If anyone is in New York for the game. The Iowa State alumni group is meeting up at McMahon’s Irish Pub at 39 5th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11217 before the game.

It’s right across the street from the Barclays Center.

• Friendly
Reactions: t-noah

Nycclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2010
If anyone is in New York for the game. The Iowa State alumni group is meeting up at McMahon’s Irish Pub at 39 5th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11217 before the game.

It’s right across the street from the Barclays Center.

I will be there after I finish work.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
First big test and away from home. Will be interesting to see what happens. I know the guys will compete

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Beyond excited for this game. Win or lose we should know more about the grit and toughness of this team.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
View attachment 92244 vs View attachment 92242

Xavier (4-0 overall (0-0 BIG EAST)
VS IOWA STATE (4-0 overall (0-0 Big 12)
WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 24TH 6:00 P.M. CT
Barclays Center / Brooklyn, New York

TV: ESPNU
Talent: Rich Hollenberg, pxp Fran Fraschilla, analyst

Radio: Cyclone Radio Network (Varsity Network)
Talent: Chris Williams, pxp Scott Christopherson, analyst
I know CW was doing these games in NY. I think it's great we have Blum and Williams, both very good backups to John W. The broadcast keeps humming along without losing a beat, IMO.

Drat - ESPNU! I stream all the ESPN+ games but I can't get ESPNU or ESPNNews games. Guess it's following via Gamecast and this game thread for me.
CBS or other other 'Gametracker' could be an option. Also don't forget cyclones.tv (you can support ISU directly, always get the radio link; watch delayed replays). Cyclones.tv - Powered by SIDEARM Showcase - Iowa State University Athletics

I am actually excited in that I don't know what to expect. For the last 2 years we have known exactly what was coming.

Not a lot to lose and a lot to gain with a game like this.
Agreed. For the past couple of years I had little interest in watching Cyclone BB. The play was so erratic and uninspiring. This coaching staff, the style of play, team togetherness and team is different. There is hope now!

I now have the level of interest I used to have (when we were good and competitive). That's a great thing!

• Agree
Reactions: HoopsTournament

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I know CW was doing these games in NY. I think it's great we have Blum and Williams, both very good backups to John W. The broadcast keeps humming along without losing a beat, IMO.

CBS or other other 'Gametracker' could be an option. Also don't forget cyclones.tv (you can support ISU directly, always get the radio link; watch delayed replays). Cyclones.tv - Powered by SIDEARM Showcase - Iowa State University Athletics

Agreed. For the past couple of years I had little interest in watching Cyclone BB. The play was so erratic and uninspiring. This coaching staff, the style of play, team togetherness and team is different. There is hope now!

I now have the level of interest I used to have (when we were good and competitive). That's a great thing!
John is originally from New York if I remember right. Bet he was bummed he couldn't make the trip

• Informative

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
If you look at Bart Torvik’s numbers for just the last ten games played (four games in our case) ISU ranks 67th with the 19th(!) rated defense. Xavier ranks 26th. It’s a very small sample size, but I’m optimistic we’re going to be in this game enough to at least be fouling at the end.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Wait, so my $5 a month for espn+, which I gritted my teeth and paid, doesn't include games on espnu?

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
If our game is as good as the games so far today, we're in for a treat. The B4A games have been incredible.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
Too soon to expect the new faces to be melded into road warriors. At this point in time this would be an L even in Hilton. Xavier by 78-57ish. The competition will pay off in games down schedule.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron