Tre King (Georgetown transfer)

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
What’s the likelihood this guy could come to Ames? Visits this Saturday deciding soon thereafter.
Missouri, Wichita State and us in the mix. Possible transfer coming into the 2nd semester I’m told... Would need an NCAA waiver.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Rumor has it he'd try to get a waiver to play Spring of 2022 but more realistically not until Fall of 2022. Still a take IMO, so long as he doesn't have to sit for a whole year and not be eligible until Spring 2023. If the latter ends up happening, count me out for wanting him. TJ can go find someone just as good or better that can play sooner with todays transfer rules.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
So he would be eligible to play the 2nd semester? That'd be a bit bizarre. I'm all for depth but I think you are rolling the dice a little bit on screwing up chemistry by adding someone in January.

Well if what people are telling me on this site that everyone will be dead tired by New Years.......then chemistry shouldn't be an issue.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
What’s the likelihood this guy could come to Ames? Visits this Saturday deciding soon thereafter.
Missouri, Wichita State and us in the mix. Possible transfer coming into the 2nd semester I’m told... Would need an NCAA waiver.

Buy into the premium board and you'll know everything there is to know.

*shameless plug for CF Superfanatic*

• Haha
Reactions: mjhavlo76

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Playing time, ace recruiter, announcing right after visiting here.
I'm in. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, but I sure don't see why not. I wouldn't write TJ off in a recruiting battle.

Write him off.......I'm counting on it. Instant playing time in a conference like this......in front of fans like this.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
So he would be eligible to play the 2nd semester? That'd be a bit bizarre. I'm all for depth but I think you are rolling the dice a little bit on screwing up chemistry by adding someone in January.
My initial thought to your post about rolling the dice was what does TJ have to lose? This season is kind of a crap shoot, whatever happens happens, off to a pleasant start but kind of waiting for the wheels to fall off etc.

But the more I think about it I agree with you. Prohm got into all kinds of trouble by taking chances like this. So it is kind of a gamble. TJ spent quite a bit of time in Vegas, but he seems like the type that will make an educated decision about this when it's all said and done.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
My initial thought to your post about rolling the dice was what does TJ have to lose? This season is kind of a crap shoot, whatever happens happens, off to a pleasant start but kind of waiting for the wheels to fall off etc.

But the more I think about it I agree with you. Prohm got into all kinds of trouble by taking chances like this. So it is kind of a gamble. TJ spent quite a bit of time in Vegas, but he seems like the type that will make an educated decision about this when it's all said and done.
Fred took a lot of gambles, but if what I have heard is true, the deciding factor on whether a potential transfer was a take wasn't the play on the court but the man who would be joining the program. For the ones who had problems elsewhere Fred was looking for someone who was taking responsibility for what happened at the last stop. I'm sure TJ will be giving any new transfers a chemistry test.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007

Prohm's biggest problem was first trying to be like Fred........next trying to be dad (Lard). He isn't playing like Fred and this recruiting situation isn't like Lard. Obviously TJ likes him enough for an invite......if he commits so much the better. With Hinson and Foster flying the coop they could use another talented big body down low. IMO.......it's worth the stretch because like you said...this season is a crapshoot anyway and who knows......someone like this might be the difference between 15 wins and a bubble team come conference tourney time.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

Who knows how it would play out. I think the gamble is based in large part on how the team is playing. If they gel nicely and are playing well and you cut the minutes of Kunc or Jones with this guy in January it may not be well received by the team. But he also may be the depth we need. Not sure there's a great answer.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Who knows how it would play out. I think the gamble is based in large part on how the team is playing. If they gel nicely and are playing well and you cut the minutes of Kunc or Jones with this guy in January it may not be well received by the team. But he also may be the depth we need. Not sure there's a great answer.
Yeah, you bring him at semester and someone is going to be the odd man out between Conditt, Jones, Kunc, and Enaruna (or all of them to some degree). Still, if say he is going to make a huge impact, maybe it is a necessary sacrifice? It is a tough call and that is why TJ gets paid tens of thousands.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Yeah, you bring him at semester and someone is going to be the odd man out between Conditt, Jones, Kunc, and Enaruna (or all of them to some degree). Still, if say he is going to make a huge impact, maybe it is a necessary sacrifice? It is a tough call and that is why TJ gets paid tens of thousands.
What you did, I see it.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
He went for 25/13 against Xavier last year. Not knowing exactly what he did to get on the wrong side of coach Ewing at Georgetown, if he doesn't have an attitude problem ( I know......Rasir Bolton or so we are told) then I say go for it. No big we have on the team at the moment even has the potential to go for 25/13 against a Xavier and the stretch just might be worth it. And hey.....TJ did invite him so there is that.

Reactions: baagoe