Rose

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
Well today is CMC's press conference day, right? Just hope we hear some encouraging news, and not the 'day to day' phrase'. But I guess that's better than the 'out indefinitely' one.

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
Though I of course would prefer to have Mike on the field, I have confidence in our 2nd stringers. Heacock has done a fantastic job of rotating the underclassmen. The dropoff isn't as severe as it has been in decades past.

Decades? I'd guess our depth is better than it has ever been and I'm not saying that as a figure of speech. Literally I don't think we've ever had as much quality depth as we do now.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I strained my frontal lobe on stouts yesterday.
HaHa. Don't care about you. Your not playing football on Saturdays.

I'm kidding of course! I do care!!! :) Drinking can be serious business.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
We don't know if it is a Bicep tear yet...It looked to me like nerve issue i.e. Stinger... Bc they were working his range of motion on sidelines...

If it is a true Bicep tear...then i'd guess it is one of those where he just decides to play thru the pain or he's done for year with surgery.

I'm no expert but I recall seeing other players (non isu) with same injury just playing thru pain.

We definately cannot afford to lose him.
Well today is CMC's press conference day, right? Just hope we hear some encouraging news, and not the 'day to day' phrase'. But I guess that's better than the 'out indefinitely' one.

Tweet:
Campbell: Mike Rose “seemed really good yesterday.” Expects him to play at Morgantown.
Yes! And as I mentioned on the 'bad call' thread a day or two ago, when I was watching the replay of the last Pokie play (hehe), i saw Mike out there on the last OkieState offensive series. He had white tape just above his R elbow down to the wrist/hand. Point being he was out there playing well after the injury! I don't think he would have been playing if it were more serious! Good news. Doesn't mean he will or won't play Sat but to me that was a great sign!!
For Cowboy fans chirping about the spot on their final play | CycloneFanatic: The Internet's most popular site for fans of the Iowa State Cyclones

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Ha fellow old guys. A work friend totally took himself out a few years ago reaching into his back seat. That's a high risk maneuver after 40.
I hope Rose is good, and that the staff treats him carefully. Just one good NFL contract is a life changer and he deserves it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Ha fellow old guys. A work friend totally took himself out a few years ago reaching into his back seat. That's a high risk maneuver after 40.
I hope he's good, and that the staff treats him carefully. Just one good NFL contract is a life changer and he deserves it.
Being well past 40 I've noticed my body only rotates one direction. Left side forward, right side backwards.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
If I were CMC... Mr Rose would go thru warmups, suit up but not see the field unless a dire situation came up.

We will need our defensive leader for Texas next week. I'd prefer he rested as much as possible

• Dumb
Reactions: isufbcurt