Rose

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
I had a 75% torn long head tendon and could still do most activities, but some things hurt pretty bad. I also wasn't tackling D1 athletes. Mike's a beast, but we will need him for the home stretch and post season, I hope he can get some recovery.

Assuming you are referring to Biceps Long head?

long head is primary activator (crosses GH joint) of the biceps tendon. IMO you withstood a good amount of pain.

• Agree
Reactions: t-noah

CYme

Dec 6, 2011
Pella, IA
Assuming you are referring to Biceps Long head?

long head is primary activator (crosses GH joint) of the biceps tendon. IMO you withstood a good amount of pain.
Yes, long head biceps tendon, wrecked my golf game. They reattached to head of humerus after pt and cortisone shots failed to provide relief.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Dislocated shoulder my uneducated guess.
I don't think so, the way the trainer was working his elbow. If that's the one you are referring to. He got dinged some other plays too. What an effort!

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Ok, I don’t mean/intend anything demeaning or negative. We are all Cyclones here.

However here is some more information that I based my comment on.

Tendon connects muscle to bone and has elasticity properties. Meaning it can stretch and repair.

Ligament connects bone to bone. Has zero elasticity properties. If a ligament is stretched, it will not return to native/original state (essentially native length).

Sprain equates to ligaments. To provide an example, if anyone has sprained their ankle, they are more likely to sprain their ankle again due to the joint being “more loose” as a result of the ligaments never returning to native state.

A strain equates to a muscle and or a tendon. For example a hamstring strain; a person returns from such an injury.

This is what I meant by my original post and I hope this clarifies that.

Go State!
Pretty accurate description.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
So does he keep playing? Can’t tell if it got worse today or pain threshold like previously stated.
Well Cra@. Just finished reading all. Do we have a medical report yet? Probably not. Guess we'll have to wait for that and the severity of the sprain or tear. Many times when we think of tear we think complete tear or avulsion. As @CloneFanInKC has said, it may be far less. We might have to wait for severity report, grade 1, 2, 3, etc.

I hope he's OK, in the long run for sure.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I had a strained bicep tendon, I could not ever pick up a 15lb dumbbell and curl it. I got blood platelets injections on Feb 16th. After rest and physical therapy, by mid June I could tell it was getting better and better. By mid July, I was working out completely pain free.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I feel like I should be proactive (to prevent being “attacked” by potential people) by stating “a tear” doesn’t equate to a 100% tear /rupture.

A strained muscle/tendon is a tear it just depends intensity of the injury. Hence a grade 1, 2, 3 etc tear/strain.

For example, a grade 1 strain is not a compete tear whereas a grade 3 could be.

Proactive about what? Attacked by whom? You are the one that posted the :rolleyes: response on my initial post when all I did was point out in a non tech term what you above just confirmed. And that it's possible one can be worse than another. I took what Twins stated and threw out some information. Just trying to make conversation. This little back and forth is academic however if they have to amputate. I doubt he can play with one arm although he just might try........next week. ;)

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
Proactive about what? Attacked by whom? You are the one that posted the :rolleyes: response on my initial post when all I did was point out in a non tech term what you above just confirmed. And that it's possible one can be worse than another. I took what Twins stated and threw out some information. Just trying to make conversation. This little back and forth is academic however if they have to amputate. I doubt he can play with one arm although he just might try........next week. ;)

Cyeathawk - my intention was not to comment direct towards/about you.

I’ve seen how things can escalate on this board and I was just attempting to cut that off before it started.

I’m all good, I hope you are as well and I apologize if I overstepped.

I hope we all enjoy the Victory Sunday, Go Clones!

• Friendly
Reactions: t-noah

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
We don't know if it is a Bicep tear yet...It looked to me like nerve issue i.e. Stinger... Bc they were working his range of motion on sidelines...

If it is a true Bicep tear...then i'd guess it is one of those where he just decides to play thru the pain or he's done for year with surgery.

I'm no expert but I recall seeing other players (non isu) with same injury just playing thru pain.

We definately cannot afford to lose him.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
That's a tough injury. He'd be better off taking the season off to rehab it.

I know a guy who was an air marshal and tore his bicep in training and had to retire on disability. Rose's age should help it heal but re-injuring it isn't doing him any favors.

If he has an injury that requires surgery he should do that rather than sacrifice his professional career.

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Well Cra@. Just finished reading all. Do we have a medical report yet? Probably not. Guess we'll have to wait for that and the severity of the sprain or tear. Many times when we think of tear we think complete tear or avulsion. As @CloneFanInKC has said, it may be far less. We might have to wait for severity report, grade 1, 2, 3, etc.

I hope he's OK, in the long run for sure.

We won’t get a report unless Mike is done for the year.

1961Cylones

Aug 18, 2021
What a freaking warrior. I SO hope he's ok. Not many players in our history who have committed their body, soul, and time to us fans.

Actually, there have been many players over the years that have given everything, and then some, to our school, the team, and yes, to us fans, (I'm pretty sure they named our stadium after one of them). The difference is a lot of them did it on teams with limited success and/or exposure and before every play was recorded somewhere. Where playing in the mid-west even limited our newspaper coverages and considerations for national recognition and awards, (see Troy Davis, Matt Blair, Mike Stensrud, Keith Krepfle, George Amundson, Luther Blue, and numerous others). They didn't do it for the notoriety, or the possibility of a pro contract, they did it because they loved and believed in the Cyclones and who we are and what we're about...

That being said, Mike Rose has been a great leader and given everything he's got everyday since he got here and I'm sure will continue to until he moves on to the next level. He is an inspiration and a true joy to watch.

THANKS MIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron