EDIT: Greg Gaines Is A Cyclone!

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
I think it's bs to trash a kids character who decides they want to go out of state. They don't owe anything to the in state schools.
Especially when the guy stirring the pot didn't go to school in his own state - he didn't even go to school in his own country. Everybody is allowed to pick a school that is best for their own situation.

CyclonesMoney

Sep 12, 2017
I completely agree with your points. The problem is this has been going on forever and happens to every state losing players. The difference is Iowa doesn't have the depth of talent like some other states so it makes losing them that much tougher to absorb.

There's alor more to worry about then where some 18 year old decides to go to school.

I'm not going to give you a hard time about your post, you probably speak 2 languages alot better than some idiots in this country can even speak English.

You honestly lost me though when you started talking about God's plan for Lazard. I think that belongs in another forum.
Understood and I respect that.

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
You are all getting lost because you are missing my point or are just little whiny b!tches. So what my English is bad and its my second language. But I don’t have to explain myself to fools that don’t like my take. I don’t have to be politically correct to anyone. I think what I think and feel whatever I feel regarding whatever issues. On this issue of Xavier, that’s how I feel and I don’t have to impress anyone or have a take same as some of you. If it pisses you how I feel, too bad. If it’s weird, too bad. If the English is that bad and it’s bothering you, too bad. Point is, you can ignore my post and pretend you didn’t see it. Many people did. So how you feel about my take doesn’t bother me at all, but I get it, some of you fools are so bored that you spend time to come here and read other people’s comments so you can find mistakes. That is your damn business. Go ahead and respond whichever way you like. I don’t care. Infact screw you all how about that.
This is a weird troll even for you @Gunnerclone

CyclonesMoney

Sep 12, 2017
I asked because I’m visually impaired, and paragraphs make it easier for my eyes to sort out the words.

Otherwise, I’d have to copy and paste the text elsewhere…and there isn’t much online that’s worth that much effort.
Sorry I don’t do it on purpose. But I understand where you are coming from. I will try to be considerate going forward.

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
For you youngsters he was Iowa mister basketball and mentioned in one of my favorite Johnny Orr quotes dissing the hawks (Don't know the exact quote so won't butcher it, someone will post it, he was the one who could not get in to school at ISU) He went to Hawaii. He past away in 2010 of a heart attack and did live in Florida at the time.
You are probably thinking about Johnny’s zinger after signing Hoiberg’s class in ‘91…….”There were 5 good players in the state. We got 3 of them, one didn’t get into school, and one went to Iowa which is pretty much the same thing.” We got Hoiberg, Beechum and Meyer, the Hawks got Russ Millard who didn’t do much, and nobody remembers the 5th kid who had to go juco.

But that wasn’t Chris Gaines, who played on the ‘86 Waterloo West team with Terry Woods and lost a tough state championship game to Nick Nurse and Brian David (big man recruited by Lute to Arizona). I don’t remember Gaines not being able to get into ISU, but I do remember him being WAC player of the year, twice if I remember right. He was a stud.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
For you youngsters he was Iowa mister basketball and mentioned in one of my favorite Johnny Orr quotes dissing the hawks (Don't know the exact quote so won't butcher it, someone will post it, he was the one who could not get in to school at ISU) He went to Hawaii. He past away in 2010 of a heart attack and did live in Florida at the time.
\/ see sig below \/

Last edited:
Reactions: t-noah and Cypwr

Cypwr

Mar 18, 2006
Ameskeny
You are probably thinking about Johnny’s zinger after signing Hoiberg’s class in ‘91…….”There were 5 good players in the state. We got 3 of them, one didn’t get into school, and one went to Iowa which is pretty much the same thing.” We got Hoiberg, Beechum and Meyer, the Hawks got Russ Millard who didn’t do much, and nobody remembers the 5th kid who had to go juco.

But that wasn’t Chris Gaines, who played on the ‘86 Waterloo West team with Terry Woods and lost a tough state championship game to Nick Nurse and Brian David (big man recruited by Lute to Arizona). I don’t remember Gaines not being able to get into ISU, but I do remember him being WAC player of the year, twice if I remember right. He was a stud.
My bad the 5th guy that went juco was Mike Davis from Waterloo not Gaines.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
You are all getting lost because you are missing my point or are just little whiny b!tches. So what my English is bad and its my second language. But I don’t have to explain myself to fools that don’t like my take. I don’t have to be politically correct to anyone. I think what I think and feel whatever I feel regarding whatever issues. On this issue of Xavier, that’s how I feel and I don’t have to impress anyone or have a take same as some of you. If it pisses you how I feel, too bad. If it’s weird, too bad. If the English is that bad and it’s bothering you, too bad. Point is, you can ignore my post and pretend you didn’t see it. Many people did. So how you feel about my take doesn’t bother me at all, but I get it, some of you fools are so bored that you spend time to come here and read other people’s comments so you can find mistakes. That is your damn business. Go ahead and respond whichever way you like. I don’t care. Infact screw you all how about that.
Calm down..... Have some dip.

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
Bold.

First, a nod to difficulty of communicating in multiple languages, I can't do that so I respect your ability to do so.

However, a bit disingenuous to post your opinion on a fan board and than not expect or welcome feedback. We all have plenty of opinions, most of which are probably not expressed here. When you open one up in a social media forum, you have to expect, dare I say welcome, feedback.
there's a lot of ******** on this site FWIW. Nothing OP said in his was that, but it stirred up the pot.

CyclonesMoney

Sep 12, 2017
Especially when the guy stirring the pot didn't go to school in his own state - he didn't even go to school in his own country. Everybody is allowed to pick a school that is best for their own situation.
That’s not a crime as long as one is fortunate enough to have parents that can afford to pay for their children in the USA. And I’m a US Citizen so I don’t know what you mean “his own Country” but good assumption right there. Lol