EDIT: Greg Gaines Is A Cyclone!

CyclonesMoney

Sep 12, 2017
Bold.

First, a nod to difficulty of communicating in multiple languages, I can't do that so I respect your ability to do so.

However, a bit disingenuous to post your opinion on a fan board and than not expect or welcome feedback. We all have plenty of opinions, most of which are probably not expressed here. When you open one up in a social media forum, you have to expect, dare I say welcome, feedback.
Thanks big guy. I understand.

CyclonesMoney

Sep 12, 2017
We can all ask without being doochie. We are all different. What’s weird to you might not be to me. Yo frank talk might be too weird to other people. Like the good matured and respectful guy that asked me what was my first language. He went on to advise me on how to post certain things. That was good and I appreciate such advice. Not some clowns that just went psycho due to my post. Geez. It’s just an opinion.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
No I live in Texas now and don’t watch Iowa high school games anymore.
How did you watch the finals? If not what are you basing your opinion on?

I ask because I had to download the watch IHSSN app to see the games even though I'm in central Iowa because Hulu can't or doesn't show the HS games when KDSM Fox 17 broadcasts them.

Honestly, after watching the Ankeny game I came away disappointed then went back and watched the prior coverage and saw why he's so highly regarded.

CyclonesMoney

Sep 12, 2017
How did you watch the finals? If not what are you basing your opinion on?

I ask because I had to download the watch IHSSN app to see the games even though I'm in central Iowa because Hulu can't or doesn't show the HS games when KDSM Fox 17 broadcasts them.

Honestly, after watching the Ankeny game I came away disappointed then went back and watched the prior coverage and saw why he's so highly regarded.
I think you are mistaking me for someone’s opinion…the only opinion I got in trouble for on this forum was the fact that we were not getting him, not his talent. Oh maybe when I said good talent doesn’t have to shine playing around other 4 star recruits?? Lol, that was me being angry and bash talking. I know the kid is talented and that’s why I’m angry we are not being considered.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
We can all ask without being doochie. We are all different. What’s weird to you might not be to me. Yo frank talk might be too weird to other people. Like the good matured and respectful guy that asked me what was my first language. He went on to advise me on how to post certain things. That was good and I appreciate such advice. Not some clowns that just went psycho due to my post. Geez. It’s just an opinion.

I actually think your opinion was similar to many Iowa State fans initial reaction when ISU was cut from his list. That has been many weeks ago. Most of us have moved on from him since we have no chance and we are in the process of landing our best recruiting class in recent history. We are trying to celebrate the ones that want to be here.

Last edited:

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Zulu. I speak Ndebele and Swahili also. I came here in the USA with limited to no English at all and I couldn’t even send an email from a computer. After graduating from ISU I have been developing software, mainly backed api development, so really I laugh when some keyboard English master is laughing at my English or sentence construction. If I can get my job requirements, translate those into user problem solution, I’m good with that.
Some just can’t stand other people’s opinions whether right or wrong or weird, whatever the they feel. So what, I’m supposed to be be classy seeing talent going out of Iowa? I understand , Ohio State sends a lot of kids to the league and so is Campbell and his stuff, at least they will be more and we need all the talent here. I also understand that these kids don’t owe us anything, but that doesn’t mean I should pretend to be happy when I’m actually not. So yes I’m angry that we are not even the top school considered but again he’s not my child so all I can do is comment about how I feel. Obviously, that pissed off some perfectionist on this forum. To that I say TOO BAD. Good day to you sir/Madam.
I completely agree with your points. The problem is this has been going on forever and happens to every state losing players. The difference is Iowa doesn't have the depth of talent like some other states so it makes losing them that much tougher to absorb.

There's alor more to worry about then where some 18 year old decides to go to school.

I'm not going to give you a hard time about your post, you probably speak 2 languages alot better than some idiots in this country can even speak English.

You honestly lost me though when you started talking about God's plan for Lazard. I think that belongs in another forum.

Reactions: CyclonesMoney

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I think you are mistaking me for someone’s opinion…the only opinion I got in trouble for on this forum was the fact that we were not getting him, not his talent. Oh maybe when I said good talent doesn’t have to shine playing around other 4 star recruits?? Lol, that was me being angry and bash talking. I know the kid is talented and that’s why I’m angry we are not being considered.
Campbell doesn't need players like him to win anyways. I'll take 5-star culture over 5-star players any day.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I think it's bs to trash a kids character who decides they want to go out of state. They don't owe anything to the in state schools.
Should Florida FSU Miami etc be pissed at us that we just got a couple studs from down there? No.

Help Support Us

Become a patron