ISU MBB Twitter

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Wasn't ShotTracker the group that Alabama partnered with this year or last, to help them with all their analytics?

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
I think this is a good move by the Big12. It's beneficial to coaching, player development and fans who love stat analysis.

6 of the 10 Big12 schools have been using their service, including KU, K-State, OU, OK-State, Baylor and TCU.

Very cool, though we won't need any analytics to tell us that in every conference game a no-name benchwarmer for the opposing team will pop off for a career shooting night.

• Haha
Reactions: Liam4Cy and t-noah

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Very cool, though we won't need any analytics to tell us that in every conference game a no-name benchwarmer for the opposing team will pop off for a career shooting night.
Ha Ha. That's the ISU spirit we know and love! :)

Sometimes it's hard to get rid of!

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Good news. Melvin has been invited to the training camp of Team Canada for the super important FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournaments. I hope Melvin can make the final cut as Canada will be facing stiff competition with three strong European teams in their region. Fortunately, Canada hosts their region and Nick Nurse is the head coach.

Here's the press release.

Here's the details about the Olympic Qualifying Tournaments.

Last edited:

JVAR

Mar 27, 2006
Eagle Grove, IA
I know this has probably been asked, but when do the players arrive? I know graduation was May 8 (my daughter graduated ) and think summer school has started this week. Hoping to get some twitter action on the new roster putting in some work together.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I know this has probably been asked, but when do the players arrive? I know graduation was May 8 (my daughter graduated ) and think summer school has started this week. Hoping to get some twitter action on the new roster putting in some work together.
I believe coach TJ said June 12

Reactions: JVAR

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Yes. Waste of time and possible injury.

When’s the last time a player got injured? Which yeah yeah I know that doesn’t mean it won’t happen. These guys play pickup games all the time though, so it’s not like it’s anymore risky than them playing against others in place of it anyways. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s back next year and personally kind of hope it is. But it also wouldn’t surprise me if after it not being played two years it just goes away.