***Official 2020-2021 Transfer Thread***

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
This was perfect thanks! Yeah. I'd take this kid in a heart beat. He looks like he'd thrive at a larger school and with that length, size, and athleticism, I could see him on an NBA roster some day.

If Fletcher ends up not panning out, which honestly it looks like he isn't, getting this guy or Arms from Winthrop would be justtttt fine. After watching this guy's film, I'd probably take him as he's longer than Arms and he'll have 4 years to play whereas Arms will only have 1 I think.

With the final scholarship bringing in a 1 year player would be a good fit for ISU based on our already signing Lipsey and King. We can probably count on a few guys who don't get a lot of playing time moving on next spring, but if the staff thinks Arms can play 20+ mpg next year, he would be a great get.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
With the final scholarship bringing in a 1 year player would be a good fit for ISU based on our already signing Lipsey and King. We can probably count on a few guys who don't get a lot of playing time moving on next spring, but if the staff thinks Arms can play 20+ mpg next year, he would be a great get.
Yeah I'm not saying Arms would be a bad get.. I 100% agree with you that he'd be perfect for what we're looking for. I was saying that I think the other kid might end up being better for us long term. He's 6'7", very athletic, shot 45% from 3 last year, and he'd come in as a freshman.

That is very tough to find.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonehomer

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
That's a nice nugget on Arms being from Milwaukee. Him or Baker would be a good get.
Agree. Baker a 3-4 year guy. Arms a one year guy. Which of those scenarios fits us best?

Either I think depending upon which guy you want/can get? Do we or will we have room for a Baker (3+ year guy) after this year? I thought next years schollies were filled or pretty tight unless more attrition?

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
If we don’t get Fletcher keep an eye on Adonis Arms from Winthrop. Coach Blount has reached out since Enaruna committed. They told Adonis the one guy they’re waiting on should have a decision by Friday.

I thought I remembered that name. He was the 2nd leading scorer on Winthrop last year. 6’6” athletic wing and shot the ball from 35% from beyond the arc. Averaged 10.5 ppg and grabbed 4.7 rpg. Originally from... Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

I think Fletcher has that “it” factor, but would still be stoked to get Arms. Both are insane athletes.
Arms seems like he would be a great fit. One year guy, listed as a 6-5/6-5 G. Hows his handle? could he fit in at the 2/3 guard? Can shoot and rebound. What's not to like?
Adonis Arms - Men's Basketball - Winthrop University Athletics (winthropeagles.com)
Adonis Arms, Winthrop, NCAA Basketball - CBSSports.com

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron