Tristan Enaruna Commits

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Without watching any major amounts of film (outside of that one dunk that keeps getting referenced)... I see a lot of Abdul Nader... right or wrong?
Maybe. 247sports guy sees some Marial Shayok in him (saying a lot) due to his smoothness, his gliding sort of effortlessly, and his athleticism. He also thinks he often doesn't work hard enough or up to his potential, but has maybe 2nd round NBA potential when thru w/ ISU. Thinks he'll open up on the bench initially but will start by end of year.
Podcast: Breaking down the addition of Kansas transfer Tristan Enaruna (247sports.com)

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Yes he balled out on the National Team.

His game reminds me a lot of sr yr Nader. Confident and explosive.
After reading the link from the KU board on him there were points made that he is Left-handed, but shoots right handed, but also when he drives he often finishes with his Left.

Well after watching this video on him from the Dutch team I can definitely say this is true. Most of his shorter shots and drives were with his L hand. I did see some shorter shots where he used the R hand. His longer shots are made with his R hand.

I think he might qualify as being ambidextrous! At least with shooting a basketball. I don't think I've ever seen anyone shoot with both hands quite like him!

Bardman

Dec 7, 2009
Mesa, AZ
This is the way I see the rotation:

Hunter/jackson or walker
Kalscheur/grill
Hinson/johnson
Enaruna/kunc
Foster/conditt/jones

I have a feeling we may see some small ball with Kunc at the 5 if Foster/conditt combo doesn’t improve from last year.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Are going to milk the Prohm excuse as long as Hok fans have milked the Lickliter excuse?
No. TJ didn't mess around. He got the roster better in a very quick time. Yes there are some Prohm players left but the ones that are still in Ames are the ones Otz still wanted there.

cymac2408

Jul 4, 2013
Urbandale IA
After reading the link from the KU board on him there were points made that he is Left-handed, but shoots right handed, but also when he drives he often finishes with his Left.

Well after watching this video on him from the Dutch team I can definitely say this is true. Most of his shorter shots and drives were with his L hand. I did see some shorter shots where he used the R hand. His longer shots are made with his R hand.

I think he might qualify as being ambidextrous! At least with shooting a basketball. I don't think I've ever seen anyone shoot with both hands quite like him!

I believe I am ambidextrous too. I can’t shoot with my left or my right.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny

Hunter/jackson or walker
Kalscheur/grill
Hinson/johnson
Enaruna/kunc
Foster/conditt/jones

I have a feeling we may see some small ball with Kunc at the 5 if Foster/conditt combo doesn’t improve from last year.

agree, likewise otz could go big with foster, conditt, and one or two of Hinson, TE, kunc, or JJ on the floor with them. I think this ultimately give TJ a lot of flexibility with his lineups to put the best team on the floor at any given point to matchup with the other team We’re playing

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
agree, likewise otz could go big with foster, conditt, and one or two of Hinson, TE, kunc, or JJ on the floor with them. I think this ultimately give TJ a lot of flexibility with his lineups to put the best team on the floor at any given point to matchup with the other team We’re playing

Semantics and being picky but I'm hoping he makes the other team have to match up with his line ups.

One of CSPs issues was trying to match up vs. creating a mismatch.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Semantics and being picky but I'm hoping he makes the other team have to match up with his line ups.

One of CSPs issues was trying to match up vs. creating a mismatch.

Not picky at all. In-game decision making is, of course, very important. However, figuring what combinations play best together in what situations is critical, especially when the roster is completely rebuilt. It looks like some interchangeable parts, especially in the front court, but the staff is going to have to put them together.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

Hunter/jackson or walker
Kalscheur/grill
Hinson/johnson
Enaruna/kunc
Foster/conditt/jones

That's a really long rotation. I do agree Kunc may get some at the five. Enaruna isn't going to play the 4 regardless of his height. I see the rotation maxing out at 10, but more likely 8 or 9. Here's my 10 to draw from.

Hunter/ Walker or Grill
Kalscheur/ Grill
Enaruna/ Hinson
Hinson/ TBD/ Kunc
Foster/ Conditt or Jones/ Kunc

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
That's a really long rotation. I do agree Kunc may get some at the five. Enaruna isn't going to play the 4 regardless of his height. I see the rotation maxing out at 10, but more likely 8 or 9. Here's my 10 to draw from.

Hunter/ Walker or Grill
Kalscheur/ Grill
Enaruna/ Hinson
Hinson/ TBD/ Kunc
Foster/ Conditt or Jones/ Kunc

A positive there is that we shouldn't have to worry so much about foul trouble at the 4/5, so hopefully players can play a little more freely.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I have NO idea how good this Enaruna is going to be but I LOVE IT THAT HE IS COMING FROM THEE KANSAS JAYHAWKS.

WAY TO GO TJ......

Reactions: Bobber

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008

We got the next Larry Bird! Scored 47 points using his left hand so he could save his right hand for the next game.

• Winner
  • Funny
Reactions: CyBobby and t-noah

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Solid pick up. Worried about those saying Conditt should start over Foster. If Foster can’t figure out how to get in the starting lineup over Conditt, I’m worried we have to start considering him a bust of a recruit.

• Useful
  • Creative
Reactions: CyBobby and Aclone

NDMARTIN2015

Jun 7, 2018
Des Moines
Solid pick up. Worried about those saying Conditt should start over Foster. If Foster can’t figure out how to get in the starting lineup over Conditt, I’m worried we have to start considering him a bust of a recruit.
Conditt is an upperclassmen and might be much better under Otz. Don’t assume he’s the same player as before, the potential is there.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron