Tristan Enaruna Commits

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
He probably won't see much PT. Not sure what people see in him.
He was one of the more frustrating players to watch this year for me. It seems like if he played within himself a little more, he'd be serviceable. Not sure he could start for any other Big 12 team though.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
I don’t think we have seen @jsb or @mynameisjonas in these threads very much lately. Probably just busy with work :)
I love how @rochclone the boomer super fan has turned into a bully. It was just last week he threatened me in a PM and wanted to meet up at Jack Trice Stadium to “get a few things figured out”.

Like I said last week I expect us to be a strong bubble team or part of the tourney field next season. We pulled in some solid transfers, who don’t have to sit out due to the change in rules, so we should be ready for a run right now. Just like Hoiberg would have had a good team if his transfers didn’t have to sit out year 1.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
I love how @rochclone the boomer super fan has turned into a bully. It was just last week he threatened me in a PM and wanted to meet up at Jack Trice Stadium to “get a few things figured out”.

Like I said last week I expect us to be a strong bubble team or part of the tourney field next season. We pulled in some solid transfers, who don’t have to sit out due to the change in rules, so we should be ready for a run right now. Just like Hoiberg would have had a good team if his transfers didn’t have to sit out year 1.
Fist fight and grandma is gonna ref it

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
He probably won't see much PT. Not sure what people see in him.

I was just about to say the same. He has a LOT of work to do to be a starter on a decent team. I mean, he does have some nice tools, but that handle...woof.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Huge surprise news! I thought at one point he could end up at Iowa.
Somebody's playing time just (appropriately) got cut in half

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
This is awesome news!

Does anyone know why he left Kansas?
Same reason as most other transfers, he was looking for an opportunity to play more. I think Enaruna has great potential but he has to learn how to be more aggressive and how to dial in the focus on the defensive end. Self won't play a reserve if he keeps spacing out his defensive assignment. He was also pretty sloppy as a ball hander and needs to tighten up his handle big time.

But the tools are there and he seems to be a good teammate. I wish him well and hope he plays well for ISU.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Not sure, google says he’s 21 and turns 22 at the end of the summer.
Thought I saw he would turn 23 before next season starts. Could be wrong on that, just Twitter stuff.
Joe W. is 21 now, will turn 22 in August and thus would be 23 (or within a month of 23) when 2022 NBA draft occurs.

Last edited:

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
little early to be drawing that conclusion.

It is. Most of us thought at the very least he could recruit well and he's definitely lived up to that part. I never bought in to the whole "it's going to take 3 years" thing. The way CBB is set up now with the transfer portal and immediate eligibility, you can turn around a team in 1 year. If it took us 3 years to compete for the tournament, we hired the wrong coach.

We're going to have a full roster and some decent talent. Now it's up to TJ to make sure all the pieces fit together and get the team to buy in. IMO Kyle Green was maybe the most important recruit outside of Hunter.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Have a feeling if we get another forward Johnson may look elsewhere for more PT.

Seems like the writing is kind of on the wall for the Prohm guys, I think TJ will give them a shot but it wouldn't shock me if by this time next year, all but a couple of those guys have moved on. The competition for PT next seasons is going to be fun to watch. It almost seems like the staff plans of having all 13 spots duke it out. I imagine Hunter starts but other than Kalsheur, I'm not sure anyone has a starting spot locked down at this point. There are a lot of minutes still up for grabs.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009

Not sure how “lol TJ” could even get us to 10 wins and now we are a NCAA Tournament team. Yeah it sounds like a good faith argument by you.
Probably about time to switch to a different account. Will the next one be your third or fourth user account; I’ve lost track.