JTS Improvements - Want More

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Having electrical hookups for your RV tailgate is the biggest game changer! Being able to run the A/C for the early game. Have multiple crockpots going. Massive satellite TV going. And it'll be silent as you won't need a generator.

GAME CHANGER!!!
The RV lot power meter during gamedays:
spin.gif

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Refresh my memory, please. Has a start date been set for the Gateway Pedestrian Bridge project?

(I’m hoping for a second webcam)

GingerNinja

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2012
Omaha

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
It won't be resurfacing...it's a complete replacement.

Depending on their idea for the timeline of the entertainment district they're not going to drop the millions of dollars it would take to complete that only to rip it all out in the next few years.

Is there an actual project for replacement of the C-lots?

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
So, pretty much all RVs will be pushed to G7? I wonder if the people in S8 will be moved there as well. My question is, if the new P&L district takes up the space that the RVs had between JTS and Hilton (whether it's along university or elsewhere), where do the current G7 people go? Are they getting B1 and F? Because, if that's the case, that is a nice upgrade for them. If they have to go down to G4/G5/G8/G9 along S. 16th, not such a good deal.

Overall, more hard surface parking for everyone is a good thing. Seems like every year, there are multiple games where the grass lots are closed.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
So, pretty much all RVs will be pushed to G7? I wonder if the people in S8 will be moved there as well. My question is, if the new P&L district takes up the space that the RVs had between JTS and Hilton (whether it's along university or elsewhere), where do the current G7 people go? Are they getting B1 and F? Because, if that's the case, that is a nice upgrade for them. If they have to go down to G4/G5/G8/G9 along S. 16th, not such a good deal.

Overall, more hard surface parking for everyone is a good thing. Seems like every year, there are multiple games where the grass lots are closed.
At the Cheesecake Factory in Redondo Beach, CA, I recall the valets always parking the elite expensive cars right at the entrance. It lent a POSH image to that particular restaurant. Bentleys, Corvettes, Alpha Romeo, Lamborghini, Ferrari to name a few. I still think the elite RVs should be apparent as one enters the stadium. It adds even more quality to the whole experience. Just my opinion.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
That whole area will be parking lot now. Little green space left.
It is kind of sad to see that (albeit little) greenspace go away around Scheman.
I'm sure they are much more expensive, but too bad they couldn't put in a parking garage there instead.
While I HATE to see all that green space go away near Fischer... This parking is mandatory if the entertainment district and hotel are ever going to happen

Jamie's January video offered a hint at what the B1/F expansion could look like:

jan2021-district.jpg

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: cyclone87 and DSMCy

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

If the peasants in G-7 want bread, let them eat donuts in Vet Med!

Seriously, I don't know what the plan is. My assumption is that until the A&E district is built, they will just move into the big paved lots.

Also, I think the plan for the A&E district has been shifted to B-3/C-3 (away from D1-4) in order to be closer to the hotel near Scheman.

Reactions: Cyclonscin

BeachCyclone

Jan 22, 2012
Manhattan Beach, CA
At the Cheesecake Factory in Redondo Beach, CA, I recall the valets always parking the elite expensive cars right at the entrance. It lent a POSH image to that particular restaurant. Bentleys, Corvettes, Alpha Romeo, Lamborghini, Ferrari to name a few. I still think the elite RVs should be apparent as one enters the stadium. It adds even more quality to the whole experience. Just my opinion.
With all due respect, I live in Manhattan Beach, CA which is next to Redondo Beach, and the Cheesecake Factory is in no way what one thinks of as "posh" (at least here) under any circumstances.

That said, your statement about valets parking expensive cars in the front is accurate for most restaurants/hotels here.