Otzelberger's First Recruiting/Transfer Class - FULL

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Bubba Hubba

Dec 19, 2007
My school was the one to end that 103 game win streak. Keota Eagles. I was in grade school but remember going to that game.

Go Keota. I would have guessed it was the Everly Cattlefeeders that broke the streak. (Ok, really I just wanted to bring that mascot into the conversation, but even better was the Lady Cattlefeeders.)

Reactions: EnkAMania

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Theme song for when CTO walks onto the floor of Hilton? The way they used to do ”Here’s Johnny“ for CJO. May be too old for you kids.
Not bad!!

I'm starting to like CTO more and more!

I think the younger folks like some of the older music once given the opportunity to hear. I would have sworn that 'Little GTO" song was from the Beach Boys but no. A one-hit wonder from Ronnie and the Daytonas!

• Winner
Reactions: kcbob79clone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
not on the same level but Winfield Mt. Union in the early 90s had Jess Settles (Iowa), Klay Edwards (Iowa st), and some kid I believe went to UNI...on a 1A team

I tried to find it but Nick Collison's Iowa Falls teams had some other very good players too. Can't remember if any were D1 though.

I watched them twice at state and it was quite a show.

JVAR

Mar 27, 2006
Eagle Grove, IA
I tried to find it but Nick Collison's Iowa Falls teams had some other very good players too. Can't remember if any were D1 though.

I could be mistaken but I am pretty sure they had a guard that went to Creighton. I think those were the only two D1 players though.

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020

The guy that went to Creighton was a forward type I think. Lindeman maybe was his last name. There could have been more D1 guys on the team.

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
Love that video. It reminds me of what an uber-engaged Conditt looks like, reminds me of how fast Tre is with his lateral movement, etc. #TrustTheProcess

I don't think I've had more anxiety or impatience waiting for a player to develop or produce again like I have Conditt. I've always had high hopes for him, still like the kid, but Uber-engaged or not, I'm scaling back on the hopes that I originally had. Maybe if I lower expectations, he can become a welcomed surprise.
I'll always remember the lady in the Hilton crowd one day when George was pouting around yelling, "suck it up George!" And most of the entire section turned and shook their head up and down with the 'yes, we agree' look. Classic.

Last edited:

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
I
I don't think I've had more anxiety or impatience waiting for a player to develop or produce again like I have Conditt. I've always had high hopes for him, still like the kid, but Uber-engaged or not, I'm scaling back on the hopes that I originally had. Maybe if I lower expectations, he can become a welcomed surprise.
Or remember who he was coached by before.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Burt Lappe played for Winfield Mount Union. Sister Linda Lappe. WMU won both the Boys and Girls titles in 1995. Burt Lappe graduated in 1996 as WMU got 2nd place. Burt Lappe went to UNI but ended his career after a couple seasons due to health issues.

Reactions: MattCampbell

CyJam

Apr 10, 2006
Denver, CO
Burt Lappe played for Winfield Mount Union. Sister Linda Lappe. WMU won both the Boys and Girls titles in 1995. Burt Lappe graduated in 1996 as WMU got 2nd place. Burt Lappe went to UNI but ended his career after a couple seasons due to health issues.
WMU couldn't win the title with Jess Settles and Klay Edwards, but did with lessor knowns in Lappe and Eric Rawson.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
My school was the one to end that 103 game win streak. Keota Eagles. I was in grade school but remember going to that game.
I remember they should have lost a game in 1987 state tourney. Were behind entire game and Lost Nation threw ball away at end allowing Palmer to hit a three at buzzer to win 63-62.