21-22 pieces that fit

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
I wonder now. Have we had too many freshman that looked Big 12 promising or played significant minutes, since maybe Ejim?

The obvious answers in part would be, Wigginton, THT, and Tyrese H. But who else? Go back as far as you want. Hoiberg another duh yes, for sure.
Since Ejim? There was a guy named Niang that was pretty good as a Frosh.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Blalock, Stinson, Fizer. There are a lot when you think about it.
Since Ejim? There was a guy named Niang that was pretty good as a Frosh.
Blaylock, Stinson for sure. What a set of guards and we had 'em for 4 years. Good to great from the start. I forgot about Fizer, yes! Leads me to think of Brackins!
Monte
Niang, yes! What a 4 year career!

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Blaylock, Stinson for sure. What a set of guards and we had 'em for 4 years. Good to great from the start. I forgot about Fizer, yes! Leads me to think of Brackins!
Monte
Niang, yes! What a 4 year career!

I'm thinking we might have had Stinson/Blalock for 3? Or at least one of them? I remember being disappointed.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Blalock, Stinson, Fizer. There are a lot when you think about it.
Yes, quite a few when you think about it. A lot of them are not at the tip of my tongue anymore however.

It also does seam like we had more than our share of Freshman misses, maybe in the Prohm years, but also beyond? Then we did have a period(s) of quite a few transfers.

Recruiting. I just wish we could hit on some more of these freshman, who could be serviceable to very good from the start. Aand be around 4 years. Taht would go a long way to building the program.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I'm thinking we might have had Stinson/Blalock for 3? Or at least one of them? I remember being disappointed.
You might be right. Coaching change to McDermott at the time of their senior years also? Somebody will know.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Blaylock was probably going anyway. Think he was done with college at that point. Imagine where those two would have ended up if the transfer game was what it is today.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
That's what I was thinking as well one more post a 4-5 type player that can rebound and do the dirty work. We should be set after that