21-22 pieces that fit

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Bump.

With what we secured this weekend, what does a starting lineup look like at this point? First players off the bench?
Hunter
Kalscheur
Hinson
Transfer (yet to be named)
Foster

First off the bench
Kunc
Grill
Conduit
Jones

I hope present players Jackson, Walker, Johnson surprise and are able to contribute but ?? for me.

I'd like to see addition of another guard, a one year transfer would be perfect, for this year. Is one out there and willing? Buggs/Missouri? We could still use guard help IMO.

Bubba Hubba

Dec 19, 2007
I'd love to know where this coaching staff thinks Walker can best help the team. Is he our backup PG? Is he a wing? We might get a sense of this based on who else is signed this year.

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
I'd love to know where this coaching staff thinks Walker can best help the team. Is he our backup PG? Is he a wing? We might get a sense of this based on who else is signed this year.

If he can develop a consistent shot and the ability to get it off the bounce, I could see him more like a Swiss Army knife at the 1,2 and 3 roles if need be. With his length, he could really make an impact defensively and could be a tough cover (given we got others to drive and dish)

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

My guess on bench minutes

1. Walker or Grill will get those 8 or so minutes.
2. Grill will get those 8 or so minutes
3. Johnson or Walker will get those 10 or so.
4. Kunc will get those 12 or so
5. Conditt or Jones will get those 15 or so but Kunc may carve out a few here.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
My guess on bench minutes

1. Walker or Grill will get those 8 or so minutes.
2. Grill will get those 8 or so minutes
3. Johnson or Walker will get those 10 or so.
4. Kunc will get those 12 or so
5. Conditt or Jones will get those 15 or so but Kunc may carve out a few here.
Anybody know where the scholarship chart can be found, the one that projects the next 4-5 years? It probably needs updating.

Is it starting to seem like we are heavy on 2 year players now that will all be graduating or ineligible at the same time? Our roster doesn't seem very even/balanced or am I wrong? I haven't studied it.

And for that matter we are targeting Lipsey and Eli King next year, both guards, one a PG, and King a SG/CG? Will we be able to take both if they want to come?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Anybody know where the scholarship chart can be found, the one that projects the next 4-5 years? It probably needs updating.

Is it starting to seem like we are heavy on 2 year players now that will all be graduating or ineligible at the same time? Our roster doesn't seem very even/balanced or am I wrong? I haven't studied it.

And for that matter we are targeting Lipsey and Eli King next year, both guards, one a PG, and King a SG/CG? Will we be able to take both if they want to come?
He's how the math works for me. Even if the "seniors take advantage of their extra year. We'll only have only true true freshman. He's going to play. At most we'll go nine deep. Four non true true freshmen aren't going to be in the rotation. Four scholarships are going to be open.

Only guy I could see screwing with this is Walker but I think he'll be in the rotation.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
He's how the math works for me. Even if the "seniors take advantage of their extra year. We'll only have only true true freshman. He's going to play. At most we'll go nine deep. Four non true true freshmen aren't going to be in the rotation. Four scholarships are going to be open.

Only guy I could see screwing with this is Walker but I think he'll be in the rotation.
Huh? I need to get a drink? In all due respect do you mind translating that? True freshmen, when? Did you mean 4 true freshmen 2 years from now?

He's going to play. Who's "He"?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Huh? I need to get a drink? In all due respect do you mind translating that? True freshmen, when? Did you mean 4 true freshmen 2 years from now?

He's going to play. Who's "He"?
True true freshman is a 2021 recruit (Hunter)
2020s (Foster and Walker) are technically still true freshmen.

Last edited:

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
After reading all these threads I am really rooting for Tre Jackson to make a huge leap forward. He seems like a great guy and he has been through some crappy seasons here at Iowa State. His attitude and effort has been great through it all. I hope he can bring some D and 3 off the bench.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
After reading all these threads I am really rooting for Tre Jackson to make a huge leap forward. He seems like a great guy and he has been through some crappy seasons here at Iowa State. His attitude and effort has been great through it all. I hope he can bring some D and 3 off the bench.

Would love to see Tre get his 3 point percentage a little higher and become one of our long range snipers. Good 3 point shooter that is not a defensive liability equals game minutes. Going to be fun watching this all come together.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
True true freshman is a 2021 recruit (Hunter)
2020s (Foster and Walker) are technically still true freshmen.

I don’t think they are. I think the Covid year is a free year, so seniors can return for another year and not count towards the scholarship limit. Walker will still be a sophomore next year, but after his senior year he’s eligible to come back for an extra year due to the free Covid year... but he’d still count as a scholarship unlike seniors this year.

• Informative
Reactions: NENick

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I don’t think they are. I think the Covid year is a free year, so seniors can return for another year and not count towards the scholarship limit. Walker will still be a sophomore next year, but after his senior year he’s eligible to come back for an extra year due to the free Covid year... but he’d still count as a scholarship unlike seniors this year.
Symantecs, regardless it means the same.

Help Support Us

Become a patron