Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Yeah, I thought when they went for Infinity War that they weren't ever going to be able to hold a candle to that story. I need to learn to be patient, they know what they are doing!
Yeah after that movie and Endgame I was worried it would never get to those heights again but WandaVision is proving me wrong. This was one of the shows I was least sure about and I am so excited for every episode.

Reactions: Triggermv

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Yeah, I thought when they went for Infinity War that they weren't ever going to be able to hold a candle to that story. I need to learn to be patient, they know what they are doing!
I don't think they will be able to replicate or get to the masterpiece they had with the Infinity Saga because that was never even thought to be possible. BUT that doesn't mean going forward their next story line or story lines won't be fantastic. I am not going into their next phase(s) post Endgame hoping it will be the same, so if they somehow, some way, get anywhere close to their first few phases...DAMN!

Reactions: Die4Cy

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
In regards to the MCU moving forward and how Feige and co. can keep things rolling, there is one major component. The villain.

Thanos absolutely made the Infinity Saga work the way it did. Obviously Downey Jr. as Iron Man and the rest of crew were critical as well, but the true secret to most movies or series working is the antagonist. Thanos was shrouded in mystery the whole time, and the lead up was tantalizing for us all. Then when we finally got him it was even better because you actually felt a little for him and understood/borderline sympathized with his reasoning. That is the key.

Get another big villain right and the MCU will be just fine.

• Winner
Reactions: Frak and JM4CY

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Its pretty amazing how this show makes you see the films in a different way. I watched Infinity War the other day and the scenes with Wanda and Vision hit much differently, especially the end when Wanda "killed" vision. I just wasn't near as invested in those characters the first time I saw those films.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Its pretty amazing how this show makes you see the films in a different way. I watched Infinity War the other day and the scenes with Wanda and Vision hit much differently, especially the end when Wanda "killed" vision. I just wasn't near as invested in those characters the first time I saw those films.

Totally agree. Rewatching the previous movies from Wanda’s POV was kinda shocking. Her life had been absolutely awful until she met Vision.

Probably gonna rewatch WandaVision tonight to pick up on the Agnes stuff I might’ve missed

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines

Glad I’m not alone on this, watching Infinity War was sad before, but the scene Wanda sacrificing Vision is just brutal to watch now.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I watched Civil War tonight... to go from that to infinity war is kind of interesting considering they definitely were not romantically paired in CW.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
I may just not be knowledgeable enough to grasp what's going on, but I was expecting/hoping for more of a reveal from the end-credits scene in the latest episode. It didn't seem to me that it provided anything additional to the story.

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

GBlade

Mar 9, 2014
That's one catchy jingle.

Now the question is how deep does it go? Have we met the TRUE VILLAIN yet? With what's going on in Agnes' house and that Wandavission is a setup for "Dr Strange and the Multiverse of Madness" we have to be getting Dr. Strange in the next 2 episodes to sort this out.

PS, where did the kids go?

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Agatha is a minor player and in no way the Big Bad. But she is definitely associated with a character who would be...

• Agree
Reactions: Triggermv

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I’m seeing WandaVision Episode 8 promos on YouTube that tease both
Reed Richards and Doctor Strange.
Does anyone know if these are real, or are merely those annoying, sucky fan-made “trailers”?

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I've had to google a bunch of stuff to get caught up with some of the characters and theories brought up in WandaVision. I'm not up on all of the comic canon. In terms of the theories
Mephisto or Nightmare seem to leading the pack in terms of who is ultimately pulling the strings. I honestly don't know much on either, but it seems like Mephisto would be a solid villain for the next phase, given that he disrupts a lot of things and has interacted with several heroes over the years.

I wonder what percentage of the viewers are familiar with some of the villains tied to these theories.

I'm also curious to find out how much Wanda factors into the rest of phase 4, if at all. To my knowledge, Elizabeth Olsen isn't contracted for any additional movies.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I've had to google a bunch of stuff to get caught up with some of the characters and theories brought up in WandaVision. I'm not up on all of the comic canon. In terms of the theories
Mephisto or Nightmare seem to leading the pack in terms of who is ultimately pulling the strings. I honestly don't know much on either, but it seems like Mephisto would be a solid villain for the next phase, given that he disrupts a lot of things and has interacted with several heroes over the years.

I wonder what percentage of the viewers are familiar with some of the villains tied to these theories.

I'm also curious to find out how much Wanda factors into the rest of phase 4, if at all. To my knowledge, Elizabeth Olsen isn't contracted for any additional movies.

Not familiar with Nightmare but after searching him that would work. I think either him or Mephisto makes sense.

Wanda Vision is supposed to directly tie into Dr. Strange.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
In regards to the MCU moving forward and how Feige and co. can keep things rolling, there is one major component. The villain.

Thanos absolutely made the Infinity Saga work the way it did. Obviously Downey Jr. as Iron Man and the rest of crew were critical as well, but the true secret to most movies or series working is the antagonist. Thanos was shrouded in mystery the whole time, and the lead up was tantalizing for us all. Then when we finally got him it was even better because you actually felt a little for him and understood/borderline sympathized with his reasoning. That is the key.

Get another big villain right and the MCU will be just fine.
Somebody switching back and forth on the good guy/bad guy line like Loki takes things up another level as well.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Not familiar with Nightmare but after searching him that would work. I think either him or Mephisto makes sense.

Wanda Vision is supposed to directly tie into Dr. Strange.

I heard that it was supposed to tie in, but I wasn't sure how much more there was in store for her character. I couldn't find anything more, but since I first remember her from X-Men....

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

New report out saying both Hiro and Baymax of Big Hero 6 will be joining the MCU. Interesting for sure to me, especially because Big Hero 6 is both one of my all-time favorite comic-book movies and is also I believe one of the most underrated comic book movies out there. However, I've never followed them in the comics, and I know the movie and comic book version of the characters are fairly different. Therefore, I don't really know what to think, but I'm intrigued, especially if they are anything remotely like what we got in the Disney movie.

• Winner
Reactions: cyhiphopp

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

New report out saying both Hiro and Baymax of Big Hero 6 will be joining the MCU. Interesting for sure to me, especially because Big Hero 6 is both one of my all-time favorite comic-book movies and is also I believe one of the most underrated comic book movies out there. However, I've never followed them in the comics, and I know the movie and comic book version of the characters are fairly different. Therefore, I don't really know what to think, but I'm intrigued, especially if they are anything remotely like what we got in the Disney movie.

I loved Big Hero 6, but that seems like an odd choice for a live-action movie. The cartoon-like appearance of Baymax adds to his appeal. Translating that to CGI seems like a pretty big risk.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron