What should Pollard do with Prohm?

• Keep Prohm as coach and let him finish his contract

• Fire Prohm as head coach immediately and pay buyout

• Fire Prohm at end of season and pay buyout

Results are only viewable after voting.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Yeah kinda similar to Prohm as he got some good recruits at Vandy but couldn’t turn the corner and they were not patient with him. Couple 5 stars then Garland went out for the year and Drew went 0-18 in the sec and was out. Will winless in the big 12 do it for Steve?

NOT WITH WHAT WE OWE PROHM...There is no way that Jamie is going to pay that much money to get rid of a mbb coach....

• Dumb
Reactions: ATCy

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Would TJ even want the job at this point?

Why not? Anything bad won't be laid at his feet for the first five years.....at least. Heck, people were still blaming Wayne Morgan for GMAC's failures after he was at Creighton. If this is going to happen........IF it's going to happen.......give me Craig Smith. Other than that either let Steve see if he can break out of it or go find a name.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
The team is sitting at what, 5 games cancelled or postponed because of a global pandemic that caused a shortened season with basically no off-season work and some people on here think that Pollard is going to fire a coach in that situation with that buyout?

I guess it makes for decent internet message board conversation, except not really for anyone living in the real world.

ATCy

Jun 3, 2015
Why not? Anything bad won't be laid at his feet for the first five years.....at least. Heck, people were still blaming Wayne Morgan for GMAC's failures after he was at Creighton. If this is going to happen........IF it's going to happen.......give me Craig Smith. Other than that either let Steve see if he can break out of it or go find a name.
I really like Craig Smith.

• Informative
Reactions: CyBobby

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
Why not? Anything bad won't be laid at his feet for the first five years.....at least. Heck, people were still blaming Wayne Morgan for GMAC's failures after he was at Creighton.
Right? One dude was legit still blaming the weak recruiting class Fred left his last year here for Prohm's problems this year. In year 6 of Prohm a coach who was only here 5 years was still being blamed. That would be like blaming gmac for any of prohms problems his 1st year here.

• Winner

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Why would larry eustachy do this to us?

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Right? One dude was legit still blaming the weak recruiting class Fred left his last year here for Prohm's problems this year. In year 6 of Prohm a coach who was only here 5 years was still being blamed. That would be like blaming gmac for any of prohms problems his 1st year here.

What? Maybe I should have been more specific and said T.J. will get a pass his first 40 years. Sorry.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007

Lateral move. Like I said.....if they make a move this year....I would hope Craig Smith is the first call. If not....spend some money and get a name. If neither......then what's the point of T.J. outside of being someone you know and like?

Clyde4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2018
Lateral move. Like I said.....if they make a move this year....I would hope Craig Smith is the first call. If not....spend some money and get a name. If neither......then what's the point of T.J. outside of being someone you know and like?

I would assume the TJ scenario would involve Steve leaving voluntarily.

• Agree

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

Bringing back an ex-assistant who had worked his way up through the low-majors and mid-majors who has a strong love of the university and the city around it worked out okay for Texas Tech.

Tom Buch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
I imagine JP will try what he did in landing Matt Campbell. Find a mid major winning coach, good recruiter and fits the high quality character that JP considers a good fit at Iowa State. And, maybe we'll strike gold with that like we did with Campbell. That sounds like Steve Prohm though. He won at Murray State...and he is a high quality guy that would fit nicely at ISU if he could...you know...win games. So we also need someone who is a good GameDay coach also. JP needs someone's guidance with that I believe.
I believe your comment is right on. If we can’t get an established stud coach, we will be trying to search for the next Steve Prohm in the mid-majors. Maybe we luck out, probably we don’t, and we are back here in 3-5 years. Or we adjust Prohm’s staff to get a seasoned bench coach and we develop the coach we have.

Tom Buch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
Logic prevails!

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Its going to be really interesting to see if Jamie Pollard will Pull the Plug on Coach Steve Prohm...In a Covid19 year it could go either way... and it probably just depends on what the "Money People" want to do with Coach Prohm...

Help Support Us

Become a patron