THE Breece Comparison

Dayton

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 26, 2014
Ames
The closest comp that comes to mind for me is Demarco Murray. Similar body types and running style.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Gale Sayers had elite speed, which is one of the things that set him apart from other backs. Breece is fast, but doesn't have elite speed. Sayers was a sprinter.
I didn’t mean to imply that it was an exact match. Sayers is a legend. It was simply uncanny to me to see the similarities in vision, cuts and change of direction.

I’d heard about Sayers, but had never seen him play, even highlights, until I opened that video.

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008
I'd offer another #28: Marshall Faulk.

Faulk was shorter than Breece but had similar patience and vision setting up defenders. Some of his longer runs remind me of him. I may be a little biased because I was a big Rams fan in the Kurt Warner years.

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
I'd offer another #28: Marshall Faulk.

Faulk was shorter than Breece but had similar patience and vision setting up defenders. Some of his longer runs remind me of him. I may be a little biased because I was a big Rams fan in the Kurt Warner years.

Faulk looks noticeably quicker, twitchier, and more violent. That's pretty nuts to watch, actually.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Closest I've seen to him is Carnell Cadillac Williams from Auburn and eventually the Tampa Bay bucs. Williams just sort of glided along, waiting for the hole to develop and then BOOM! Breece is similar, he often looks like he hasn't really picked up yards but he's already 3/4 yards down the field. Both were jus so smooth and ran effortless.