Breece Hall #1 in NCAA rushing yardage

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
tenor.gif

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
I hope we don’t need him in long enough to get that much. I’m thinking 200 yards and 3 TD’s in the first half, and then watching Kene and Brock all second half.
I should have qualified my statement. 400 yards, 5 TDs in the first quarter. There. How's that. Then Jirehl comes in a busts out for 200 and 3 TDs.

Oh, by the way, Northwestern curbstomps the hoks by 30 on Saturday.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
With the B1G and Pac only playing eight games, would be great to see Breece lead the nation in rushing and make the shortlist for Heisman.

• Winner
Reactions: motorcy90

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I am still amazed how bad our passing game looks at times when we run the ball as well as we have. Usually establishing a good running game results in some opportunities to take some shots down field when the defense is stacking the box against the run and we haven't seen a lot of that so far. Even some more play action fakes to throw a deep ball would open up this offense some more.

Reactions: cyputz

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I am still amazed how bad our passing game looks at times when we run the ball as well as we have. Usually establishing a good running game results in some opportunities to take some shots down field when the defense is stacking the box against the run and we haven't seen a lot of that so far. Even some more play action fakes to throw a deep ball would open up this offense some more.
I’m not sure why you think that we’ve “run the ball well”. Take away Breece’s two big runs, and he carried 18 times for 49 yards. That’s 2.72 ypc, and distinctly not a consistently good rushing attack.

And that’s generally been par for the course for his season—big runs buff up the small holes the OL has opened otherwise.

If you want an answer for that, I’m pretty sure that the simple fact that two of our best three linemen are out has something to do with both the running and passing issues—especially the latter.

Oh, and the fact that by far our single most experienced wide receiver returning, Tarique Milton, has been hurt is a huge factor too. At this stage, he and Xavier Hutchinson would complement one another well.

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
I think everyone expecting CMC to run up the score like everyone else in the league against KU are going to be disappointed. It is not in his DNA.

I would love score 50 on them and pad our offensive stats like everyone else, but I don't expect that to happen.

Reactions: Neptune78

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
With the B1G and Pac only playing eight games, would be great to see Breece lead the nation in rushing and make the shortlist for Heisman.
They would look at yards per game instead of total season yards.