Have you ever had a paranormal experience?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Every story that talks about seeing something while out at the farm gives me chills. I loved growing up how I did, but there's something about being all alone on a farm at night. It's great for a nice peaceful evening, but once something freaks you out, you're in for a long night.

On the farm I grew up on the family that owned it prior had a child who had died. I don't recall anything happening in connection but it was still kind of eerie.

And yeah it's hard telling who's around. We had a dog get stolen once.

And we had geese and one night we got home and the yard was covered in feathers. Likely coons or coyotes but it looked like quite a horrific scene had taken place.

BDAL23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2019
I have had two paranormal experiences.
The first one I was in Alaska on liberty while in the navy nearly 20 years ago. It was our second night on liberty. It was around 9 o’clock at night and I suddenly became ill and had a severe headache while in my hotel room. I decided not to go out drinking and instead went to bed. I remember I fell asleep and had a very vivid dream. In my dream my best friend that I grew up with in Iowa was talking to me. We shared all the stories we had growing up, and chatted about the future. He then said goodbye and he had to go away. I remember opening my eyes and seeing a figure on the wall dart away. I remember feeling odd as if someone had been there in the room. I woke up the next morning called my friend at home but no answer. It was before cell phones and I had to get back to the boat for underway. About two weeks later we arrive in San Diego I call home and call my brother. I ask about my friend and discover that he committed suicide the night I felt ill and dreamed we had a chat. I believe he visited me and said goodbye.
The second experience also involves that same friend again. A year later I had a dream again. It was so real. We were talking and my friend was asking me to stay with him. We were at a party and as time went by I started feeling like I had to leave. I was asked to stay again and my friend grabbed both my wrists to force me to stay. He said if I stayed I could never leave. He said he had to go and wouldn’t be back. It was getting hard to breathe. I tried waking up and couldn’t. Other spirits were coming and trying to take me. I had to wake up. I jerked violently and felt as if I had to scream. I woke up screaming in bed sitting up. A car’s headlights shined in my bedroom. I saw my friend standing by the closet and he waved goodbye.
That was the last time I was ever visited by my friend.

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
I had one other experience in a London air bnb. The owner was away so I let myself in with a key from a lockbox. I don’t know if you’ve ever had this experience but as soon as I went inside I got this clammy feeling like I didn’t want to be there. Something about the place just felt off. Fortunately my room was not actually in the house but in a separate room across a courtyard. I still had to go into the main house to use the bathroom or the kitchen but other than that I stayed in my space as much as possible.

Two nights in I get up to use the bathroom in the main house. As I enter I see a middle aged woman exiting the bathroom and start walking slowing down the hall. I said an awkward hello assuming she was another air bnb guest who I hadn’t met. She made no response and entered another room in the house. I never saw her face.

Two days later I met the owner who was back in town to deliver the key. He asked how my time was and I casually mentioned the other lodger I had met. Wouldn’t you know it, he said there was no one else staying there. We searched the place together and didn’t find a trace of anyone. I don’t know who I saw in the house that night, but I often wonder if she was real.

• Wow
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
When I was a youngster, my Dad and I most every evening would play some baseball, whether playing catch or lobbing pitches to each other to swing away. This was in the empty grass lot next to our yard. One evening when hitting the ball, I caught hold of one. Even as a young tyke, I was quite the slugger ;). Ok, maybe not. But anyway, the ball still bounced across the road into the ditch on the other side. This ditch was full of tall weeds. We looked around through the weeds trying to find it with no luck. Being a youngen, losing my ball was traumatic. As we were searching, I said a silent prayer to God to help find the ball. No luck and eventually we gave up. Well, we were back out the next evening with a different ball. I hit this ball, but no where across the road, just somewhere else in the grass lot. I was walking out to retrieve it. It was in plain sight, even from a distance. I had a clear line of sight and was walking straight to it, looking ahead at it and around as I walked. Suddenly, a few steps in front of me is something I hadn't noticed as I had been heading to this ball. It was the ball from last night - it had distinctive scuff marks that left no doubt. This was right in the middle of this grass field, no where near the weedy ditch across the road. Even at as a young child, I knew immediately it was the work of God and still believe so to this day.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
This summer I went jogging a lot on a nature trail every night because I couldn’t go to the gym because, you know, corona. One day, while just minding my own business, I suddenly hear laughter in the woods. Now, I wear noise cancelling headphones, so in order to hear someone, they've got to be right by me. So I move over thinking someone is coming up behind me and then look and no one is there. No one is anywhere. It's just me on the trail. By myself. So I take my headphones off and I hear the laughter again, but like it's a distance away. Creepy, but whatever.

The next day, as I'm headed down the street toward the entrance path to the trail, there's a kid in like his early twenties coming toward me. I turn down the path and he follows, probably 50-60 feet behind me. He's easy to see, wearing a white tshirt and khaki shorts. About two minutes in, I look behind me to see if he's getting closer and he's just gone. I think "No big deal, he probably just realized he didn't want to go on the path and turned around."

So on the path, you can stay on the main gravel path that follows the creek, or there's a small side trail that goes through the woods. I turn onto that side trail because 1. It's hilly and a challenge to jog through, and 2. I don't ever see people on it because it's a tiny dirt trail. So I'm jogging, minding my own business, listening to a podcast or some **** and I look up and suddenly this kid is just standing there, in a small clearing ahead of me next to the path. There's NO WAY he could have gotten ahead of me unless he cut through the woods and through the creek. But his white shirt is perfectly clean. And he's just standing there, staring at me and not moving. Creepy as hell. I'm totally weirded out. But like, he's kind of a little guy and I'm a pretty big guy, so I'm not worried, but more confused as hell on how he got there. Anyway, I just run past him.

Then, further ahead about 20 minutes later, I started walking. I'm kind of just checking things out and there's like, four owls in the trees above me that are kind of following me, so I'm just staring up and watching them. They keep flying ahead, landing in a tree and watching me as I catch up, then fly ahead again. I'm just minding my own business and they fly down the hill toward the creek about 30 feet from the path and I look down AND THIS KID IS STANDING THERE, NEXT TO THE CREEK STARING AT ME AGAIN. How the hell did he get ahead of me again?! At this point there's only one branch of the trail! And he's totally clean still! Not dirty, not sweating (it's like, 90 degrees outside!) and he's just staring at me!

So I'm freaked the **** out. I don't know what to do, so naturally, I stop, take off my headphones, do a sarcastic wave and say, "HI!" And he kind of stares at me for a second, cocks his head and raises his arm, but in a weird way, almost like he's never raised his arm before. Like, he's rotating it up like a robot, then rotates it back down, all while just starting at me blankly. And I realize, that was almost the EXACT same spot I heard the laughing the night before. I got the hell out of there.

About a week later I’m jogging again and I see this, right where I first saw the owls.
View attachment 76892

is this near your creepy backyard with the glowing cigarette deal?????? This is freaky!

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
This summer I went jogging a lot on a nature trail every night because I couldn’t go to the gym because, you know, corona. One day, while just minding my own business, I suddenly hear laughter in the woods. Now, I wear noise cancelling headphones, so in order to hear someone, they've got to be right by me. So I move over thinking someone is coming up behind me and then look and no one is there. No one is anywhere. It's just me on the trail. By myself. So I take my headphones off and I hear the laughter again, but like it's a distance away. Creepy, but whatever.

The next day, as I'm headed down the street toward the entrance path to the trail, there's a kid in like his early twenties coming toward me. I turn down the path and he follows, probably 50-60 feet behind me. He's easy to see, wearing a white tshirt and khaki shorts. About two minutes in, I look behind me to see if he's getting closer and he's just gone. I think "No big deal, he probably just realized he didn't want to go on the path and turned around."

So on the path, you can stay on the main gravel path that follows the creek, or there's a small side trail that goes through the woods. I turn onto that side trail because 1. It's hilly and a challenge to jog through, and 2. I don't ever see people on it because it's a tiny dirt trail. So I'm jogging, minding my own business, listening to a podcast or some **** and I look up and suddenly this kid is just standing there, in a small clearing ahead of me next to the path. There's NO WAY he could have gotten ahead of me unless he cut through the woods and through the creek. But his white shirt is perfectly clean. And he's just standing there, staring at me and not moving. Creepy as hell. I'm totally weirded out. But like, he's kind of a little guy and I'm a pretty big guy, so I'm not worried, but more confused as hell on how he got there. Anyway, I just run past him.

Then, further ahead about 20 minutes later, I started walking. I'm kind of just checking things out and there's like, four owls in the trees above me that are kind of following me, so I'm just staring up and watching them. They keep flying ahead, landing in a tree and watching me as I catch up, then fly ahead again. I'm just minding my own business and they fly down the hill toward the creek about 30 feet from the path and I look down AND THIS KID IS STANDING THERE, NEXT TO THE CREEK STARING AT ME AGAIN. How the hell did he get ahead of me again?! At this point there's only one branch of the trail! And he's totally clean still! Not dirty, not sweating (it's like, 90 degrees outside!) and he's just staring at me!

So I'm freaked the **** out. I don't know what to do, so naturally, I stop, take off my headphones, do a sarcastic wave and say, "HI!" And he kind of stares at me for a second, cocks his head and raises his arm, but in a weird way, almost like he's never raised his arm before. Like, he's rotating it up like a robot, then rotates it back down, all while just starting at me blankly. And I realize, that was almost the EXACT same spot I heard the laughing the night before. I got the hell out of there.

About a week later I’m jogging again and I see this, right where I first saw the owls.
View attachment 76892
Those triplets were having so much fun messing with you.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

View attachment 76892

Have fun dying a horror movie-style death

• Funny
Reactions: cowgirl836

Beernuts

Nov 9, 2017
Family I know moved into a farm house where an older man had passed away. The man was a smoker and often the family talked about how they would smell cigarette smoke in the middle of the night. The couples 5 year old daughter said she saw a nice older man smiling at her in the room where he passed away. Same young girl saw a photo of the old man hanging in the community library, and told her family that was the man she had seen in the house...and it was the man that passed away. No one could figure out how the 5 year old knew that the photo was the same old man as she had never seen him before he passed. True story.

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL
Earlier this year, the wife and I had an argument, and I stayed in the guest room (only night I've slept in that room). Around 3am, the TV in the room suddenly turns on, the remote is on the tv stand, no way that I could have hit the power button or something. I get up, turn the TV off, and not more than 10 minutes later it turns on again. I again turn it off, 10 minutes later it comes on once more. After the 3rd time of it turning on at 3am, I just unplugged it from the wall, and didn't have any more issues. I'm sure it was just some sort of electrical issues in the tv, but it has since been removed from the guest room.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

View attachment 76892
Stop licking those toads when you’re out running

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL
Another less freaky, but more eerie one. My wife's grandmother passed away in early August, and at 96, was still quite the spitfire, even being quoted as saying "I'll haunt the **** out of you when I'm gone" to my father-in-law. The day she passed, my wife told me to watch for lights burning out in our condo, as when her aunt passed away 5 year prior, my wife suddenly had a series of lights burn out shortly after. Sure enough, each of the next 3 days we found a light bulb burnt out in 3 different rooms.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Earlier this year, the wife and I had an argument, and I stayed in the guest room (only night I've slept in that room). Around 3am, the TV in the room suddenly turns on, the remote is on the tv stand, no way that I could have hit the power button or something. I get up, turn the TV off, and not more than 10 minutes later it turns on again. I again turn it off, 10 minutes later it comes on once more. After the 3rd time of it turning on at 3am, I just unplugged it from the wall, and didn't have any more issues. I'm sure it was just some sort of electrical issues in the tv, but it has since been removed from the guest room.

Or it was a still-angry wife with a universal remote ;)

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Whomever had the "tiny bigfoot" experience they told here years ago, please tell again.

I loved it even if it's bs.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
After I wrote it I knew someone would ask so I tried to find it before I had to go to more appointments. Couldn't find it, it has been over 10 years. I am going to have my assistant try to find it. If she can I will upload it, sorry.
I was going to have my assistant do something for me today too......but I don’t have an assistant