Merged Covid Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoFast

Oct 6, 2020
Yeah...testing hasn't increased that much.

Positivity in WI has been very high for a month.
Testing has trended upwards since 9/1. +14,541 tested from prior day. While hospitalizations and deaths as % continue to decline.

Attachments

• 5AA3DCC7-E236-498D-AC4D-B55E9BBC2F49.png
    5AA3DCC7-E236-498D-AC4D-B55E9BBC2F49.png
    523.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
  • Dumb
Reactions: simply1

GoFast

Oct 6, 2020
Who cares?! More people are getting very sick with it than ever before. That’s what matters. If we were nearing herd immunity those numbers would be leveling off. This virus is still finding plenty of hosts that it can infect without being fought off.
I care because seemingly some want to continue to paint a never ending picture of doom and gloom while fear mongering. Deaths and severe sickness coming from an overwhelming amount of elderly with 1.7 pre existing health conditions and or obesity. When 99.98% of the world population is surviving It’s beyond overblown relative to the ongoing reactions.

• Dumb

GoFast

Oct 6, 2020
Unprecedented... Except that's how every virus in nature has ever done.
Exactly correct.

Unprecedented? LOL. Herd immunity has existed and occurred countless number of times throughout mankind's 200,000 year existence on Earth. The human immune system has adapted and thrived to allow the population of mankind to reach 7.8 Billion as countless of other species have become extinct over the same time period.

The fact of the matter is, it’s going to take heard immunity, whether by natural event or by vaccine or by a combination of both to occur, before this virus becomes a non issue.

The notion that herd immunity is unprecedented is completely false and un true.

No idea where the concept of morality comes into play with a natural occurring event. Good Lord, peeps are crazy.

Last edited:
  • Dumb

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Sorry that facts have triggered you @alarson. LOL.

Nah, i noted that your post was dumb. That fact apparently triggered you, actually. Anyone advocating for reaching herd immunity in any way other than a vaccine immediately identifies themselves as a complete moron. Doing that would result in millions dead.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone and urb1

TClone99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I care because seemingly some want to continue to paint a never ending picture of doom and gloom while fear mongering. Deaths and severe sickness coming from an overwhelming amount of elderly with 1.7 pre existing health conditions and or obesity. When 99.98% of the world population is surviving It’s beyond overblown relative to the ongoing reactions.
My friend recently lost his dad to Covid. He was 75 and they expected him to have quite a few more years left to spend with his grandkids before this thing killed him in about a week. Apparently you haven’t been affected by it yet. I’ll say a prayer for your more vulnerable loved ones. It’s gonna be a long and deadly winter.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Yes, because me linking an article that I have nothing to do with is me.
Simple math is hard. LOL
And yet you are unable to refute any of it And only offer insults via keyboard. Tough guy. I’m sorry you become so triggered that you are unable to discern facts from your own opinions. LOL.

please show me where Ive advocated for herd immunity. Once again your reading comprehension is lacking. Sorry to hurt your feelers. Keep up the insults, I’m more than willing to have a conversation in person.

Ok totally brand new account

GoFast

Oct 6, 2020
My friend recently lost his dad to Covid. He was 75 and they expected him to have quite a few more years left to spend with his grandkids before this thing killed him in about a week. Apparently you haven’t been affected by it yet. I’ll say a prayer for your more vulnerable loved ones. It’s gonna be a long and deadly winter.
No one is happy about others dying. Stop with the guilt trip. Sorry for your friends loss. Prayers.

• Dumb

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
this_thread_gave_me_cancer_by_piratesadventure_d5f6o9n-fullview.jpg

Reactions: CloneLawman

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Yes, because the date makes all information invalid regardless. OK. LOL.
This article was discussed when it was relevant. You think we don’t know more about covid now than in March? Wow.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This article was discussed when it was relevant. You think we don’t know more about covid now than in March? Wow.

Considering some of the information that's still being thrown out there to compare it to flu deaths, it's not exactly shocking.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron