Jirehel Brock? Where is he?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
I think he gets that one series early to try to prove himself and if he doesn’t get anything with it, he’s pretty much done for the day.
Personally, I think he was in because on the first rushing play of the game (I think) Breece was out of position and it was a discombobulated mess. Purdy and Campbell were both not happy. After Breece's long run, Campbell was calmly talking to him. I may be reading too much into it but it appeared to be a "this is what you can do with your head in the game" moment.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Personally, I think he was in because on the first rushing play of the game (I think) Breece was out of position and it was a discombobulated mess. Purdy and Campbell were both not happy. After Breece's long run, Campbell was calmly talking to him. I may be reading too much into it but it appeared to be a "this is what you can do with your head in the game" moment.
I think it’s both, honestly. Pretty sure Johnny was in the second series of the Louisiana game too.

Reactions: c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I think KENE is a 5th year senior...he knows the offense and can be effective..Jirhel seems a lot more talented...

keep in mind that after this season Jirhel technically will be still a freshman...lol.

im guessing we will see Jirhel soon enough..

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Believe they reshirted him as Breece really nailed down the starter spot.
Odds are he will get a big chance at some point this year.
I think KENE is a 5th year senior...he knows the offense and can be effective..Jirhel seems a lot more talented...

keep in mind , that after this season Jirhel technically will be still a freshman...lol.

im guessing we will see Jirhel soon enough..
So was Jirehl red-shirted last year? Or this year maybe still? IIRC you can get what 4 games playing, and still be eligible for redshirt.?

Anyway, yeah, weird isn't it; he could still be a redshirt freshman next year; gets this year back.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Jirehl was red-shirt last year. There is talk everyone may have the opportunity to claim this year as a freebie which would mean Jirehl would still have four years of eligibility after this year.

• Informative
Reactions: t-noah

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
I think he gets that one series early to try to prove himself and if he doesn’t get anything with it, he’s pretty much done for the day.

In the radio broadcast, Bruns said he was icing his knee after a special teams play (2nd quarter) and was likely done for the day.

• Agree
Reactions: amishclone

Busch__Latte

Sep 17, 2020
Jirehl was red-shirt last year. There is talk everyone may have the opportunity to claim this year as a freebie which would mean Jirehl would still have four years of eligibility after this year.
True, but Kene could come back and Lang still has 2 years.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I'm pretty sure the first game he was on the sideline in street clothes because he was injured.
You are probably right. I just recall someone in the media saying after the game that he wasn’t in Ames because he was at the funeral of Lou Brock. I thought it was odd that he would miss a game for someone that isn’t immediate family. I’m hoping he gets some opportunities. He seems to be a really talented RB.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Saw folks at the TCU game wearing #21's. Assumed they were Jirehl's family. Sitting near Breece's family. I'd love to see them as a 1-2 punch.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
So forgive me, but is Jarehl related to Lou in some way? Great, great uncle or somethig?? I mean Lou Freaking Brock, Cardinal/and All-time Great!

Now I really need to know!
I know it was said he is related, but I don’t know how. I assumed it was a distant relationship.

Reactions: t-noah

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Saw folks at the TCU game wearing #21's. Assumed they were Jirehl's family. Sitting near Breece's family. I'd love to see them as a 1-2 punch.
Well, he's already got the redshirt, but could get this year over again if wanted. I'd think we will try ro get best players on field. So we'll see him soon in some capacity.

Go #21!!