Jirehel Brock? Where is he?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
There are rumblings of rumblings that contact tracing has caused more difficulties with practice than most people realize.

Also, while it’s been a while since a positive COVID-19 test, it’s not hard to guess from conspicuous, unexplained absences who might have had the illness.

I can see at least two of those names on offense.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
There are rumblings of rumblings that contact tracing has caused more difficulties with practice than most people realize.

Also, while it’s been a while since a positive COVID-19 test, it’s not hard to guess from conspicuous, unexplained absences who might have had the illness.

I can see at least two of those names on offense.
Would rather believe this (hope he is OK though), than see him low on RB list, or maybe considering transfer. Who knows, if so maybe he is not recovered yet? All speculation.

He is Sophomore now? or did he redshirt last year? Either case he will get this year back due to Covid rule. Then he would likely have to wait another year for maybe Breece to finish his 3rd/Jr. year (then go pro?). He would then have what 2, maybe 3 years to shine as feature back here, if he wanted and is as good as we think?

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Would rather believe this (hope he is OK though), than see him low on RB list, or maybe considering transfer. Who knows, if so maybe he is not recovered yet? All speculation.

He is Sophomore now? or did he redshirt last year? Either case he will get this year back due to Covid rule. Then he would likely have to wait another year for maybe Breece to finish his 3rd/Jr. year (then go pro?). He would then have what 2, maybe 3 years to shine as feature back here, if he wanted and is as good as we think?

Believe they reshirted him as Breece really nailed down the starter spot.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
They said Jirehel was not at the first game. They later said he was at Lou Brock’s funeral (family). Seems odd to miss a game unless he wasn’t going to play anyway. He was dressed on the sideline yesterday. I saw him celebrating with Kene after his TD run. If he missed some time, that might explain the lack of snaps.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
They said Jirehel was not at the first game. They later said he was at Lou Brock’s funeral (family). Seems odd to miss a game unless he wasn’t going to play anyway. He was dressed on the sideline yesterday. I saw him celebrating with Kene after his TD run. If he missed some time, that might explain the lack of snaps.

I'm pretty sure the first game he was on the sideline in street clothes because he was injured.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Its the 2nd game and we have a nice stable of running backs with one of the best in the Big 12 leading it. He will get reps and it will be fine. He is only a redshirt freshman. He will play.

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Speaking of Lang did he get banged up against TCU? He had 1 carry early, and was on the sidelines in street clothes later in the game.

I don't know, but that one carry should have been for way more than 4 yards.

Lang reminds me so much of Mike Wagner from back in the day. Seems to get less and less shifty the older he gets.

Last edited:

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Iirc, Lou Brock’s funeral was on the off week between.

• Informative
Reactions: bozclone

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Speaking of Lang did he get banged up against TCU? He had 1 carry early, and was on the sidelines in street clothes later in the game.
I think he gets that one series early to try to prove himself and if he doesn’t get anything with it, he’s pretty much done for the day.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron