FB roster update

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I don't see how anyone can conclude our secondary will be a weak spot...its one of the best units in the conference quite frankly and nationally easily a Top 25 unit. Solid depth as well.

All you have to do is see which poster made the comment.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
All you have to do is see which poster made the comment.

Cyinthenorth, if anyone is interested.

Btw... does anyone have any sort of inside info on Grant Treiber? The kid gained 32 lbs in the offseason and is now listed at 6'6" 317 lbs. I had predicted in another thread that he'd be our starting RT, and someone else said they thought he had the starting LT spot locked up.

If that's true, that is great news IMO. This kid is a beast, I just wasn't sure about his foot speed, technique, etc though. But LT is the most important spot on the OL, and if he really has that starting spot locked up, that's pretty exciting.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Btw... does anyone have any sort of inside info on Grant Treiber? The kid gained 32 lbs in the offseason and is now listed at 6'6" 317 lbs. I had predicted in another thread that he'd be our starting RT, and someone else said they thought he had the starting LT spot locked up.

If that's true, that is great news IMO. This kid is a beast, I just wasn't sure about his foot speed, technique, etc though. But LT is the most important spot on the OL, and if he really has that starting spot locked up, that's pretty exciting.

I know they really liked him when we recruited him and beat Oregon for him and we're equally as excited on he was in practice when he got to campus. I haven't heard much since then though

CentexCyclone

Oct 20, 2015
He was on the field a lot last year especially in pass rushing situations. I’ll be surprised if his playing time disappears.

I remember MacDonald being on the field a lot the 2nd half of the season. Watch highlights of the Texas game, he was unblockable.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

I don't have any inside info, but I would think that Ramos has LT pretty much locked up. He's been groomed for that spot for 2 years now. IMO RT is a three way competition between Treiber, Remsburg and Foster. That is, unless they start Schweiger at C and move Newell out to RT.

DBs...they absolutely have to get back to tackling like they did in 2017 and 2018. Last year was bad. If you are going to run a 3-3-5, those 5 have to be sure tacklers. It will help having a healthy Eisworth. Here's my shot at the DB 2 deep:

CB: Johnson, King, Antoine
CB: Kyle, D.Young
FS: Ross/Miller, McDonald
SS: White, I.Young/Azunna
STAR: Eisworth, K.Jones

Reactions: SolarGarlic

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I remember MacDonald being on the field a lot the 2nd half of the season. Watch highlights of the Texas game, he was unblockable.

They key to that...Texas pretty much abandoned the run. In true Tom Herman fashion. Once they gave up on the run game, McDonald was pretty much teeing off on Elingher.

Reactions: BigCyFan

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
We return 3 All Conference guys in our secondary

BUT THEY DON’T WEIGH ENOUGH. I’d feel a lot better if they were averaging 170.3 rather than 168.4. People are crazy. I move that amount of weight when I take a **** in the morning.

PantherCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2017
DBs...they absolutely have to get back to tackling like they did in 2017 and 2018. Last year was bad. If you are going to run a 3-3-5, those 5 have to be sure tacklers. It will help having a healthy Eisworth. Here's my shot at the DB 2 deep:

CB: Johnson, King, Antoine
CB: Kyle, D.Young
FS: Ross/Miller, McDonald
SS: White, I.Young/Azunna
STAR: Eisworth, K.Jones

That was short lived...

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
If Greg Ross is on the team, I count 82 scholarship players now with K Jones leaving. Doesn't seem likely we would be adding anyone else. Maybe a walkon or two gets a scholly for a year? Joe Rivera?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So, COVID hurt Bankston’s development because of lack of practice, but Enyi—who has never played NT before, and doesn’t have the traditional frame—will be okay there?

I’m not sure that makes sense to me.

And remember that they get six weeks of practice time this year—to make up for COVID.

You forgetting that Enyi would move down to DT once in awhile when we wanted a full pass rush package in?

CaptainClutch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 1, 2014
Our secondary is going to be the weak spot again this year. I understand you don't want em too beefy, but hell the average weight is less than 185.
C’mon man that’s an overreaction, White and Eisworth barring injury should be a top 2 duo in the conference.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014

Ramos will man the left side

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Enyi's weight looks to me like he's been told moving inside would be a good move. Get the best 11 on the field!