Justin Smith

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Remember, JS ( his dad)is wanting to play the wing and have the ball in his hands, be the man. There maybe no gelling involved.
Who cares? This team hasn't had an alpha in years. If he wants to come in and try to lay claim to it, let him.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Who cares? This team hasn't had an alpha in years. If he wants to come in and try to lay claim to it, let him.

I guess 2 is technically years. Shayok was absolutely an alpha. Big 12 conference tourney MVP, 1st team all conference in KenPoms best conference in the country, HM All American.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Shayock, Wigginton, and THT all flashed alpha which we did not have last year. Shayock was the biggest alpha though.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Shayock, Wigginton, and THT all flashed alpha which we did not have last year. Shayock was the biggest alpha though.

Wigginton pressed to be the alpha but he really wasn't. How many possessions ended with a TO and him sprawled out across the lane? He was so much better when he let the game come to him.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Wigginton pressed to be the alpha but he really wasn't. How many possessions ended with a TO and him sprawled out across the lane? He was so much better when he let the game come to him.

I thought we decided a play where a guy dribbles into traffic without a plan, throws up his arms like he got fouled when the defense closes around him and he panics with no idea what to do next, only to turn it over was a new statistic call a "wigginton."

Wigginton's wigginton rate per 40 was pretty high.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I thought we decided a play where a guy dribbles into traffic without a plan, throws up his arms like he got fouled when the defense closes around him and he panics with no idea what to do next, only to turn it over was a new statistic call a "wigginton."

Wigginton's wigginton rate per 40 was pretty high.

The Wigginton is making a three and getting fouled. He did it all the time.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
No, when they fell to 9-9 and 5th place mid-Feb to mid-March. Being an alpha is more than being a leading scorer.
Yeah, I don't know if I'd call Shayok a real alpha. A great player for sure, but when I think of alpha I think of guys like Royce, Melvin, Georges, Monte etc. Guys that just have a bad ass demeanor and can back it up on the court.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
The Wigginton is making a three and getting fouled. He did it all the time.

He had one of those like once every three games.

He had like three instances of the "dribble in, lose the ball" variety per game.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
No, when they fell to 9-9 and 5th place mid-Feb to mid-March. Being an alpha is more than being a leading scorer.

Must you **** on absolutely everything Iowa State basketball? It is a really dumb person who obviously hates something but insists on trying to make everyone as miserable as they are.

WE ALL GET IT. You hate Prohm. Go away until he is gone. No one will miss you.