Attendance policy from JP...

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
Reading between the lines, The data no longer supports doing so. Expect the rest of the restrictions to be gone by August if not before. But at least by Pollard getting out front with all of this, those at risk individuals aren't punished if they decide to not attend this year.[/QUOTE
Optimistic, but certainly possible. It is possible the warm weather months will change things for the better.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
If we have to spread out in the stadium. I will take one for the team and will gladly allow Jamie to move me to the Sukup endzone, or even a suite. ;)
How about the third stall in the SW bathroom? put up a shared monitor on the opposite wall and you can sit in your stall and watch the game at the stadium . . . . you might not want to high five your neighbors on a good play though.

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
My thoughts on how we could still do tailgating and lot assignments. For this year only there will be no lot designation for those that are in the A, B, and C lots as well as S lots. It would be first come first serve, with every other spot left open. Tailgating would be allowed with your vehicle occupants only. RV lots the same.

st8cydr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I love the seats that I have, but if seats are reassigned this year it may be interesting to watch this season from a different location knowing that I will get my old ones back next year.

Reactions: isutrevman

agrabes

Oct 25, 2006
Reading between the lines, Pollard left a lot of wiggle room.

The CDC on Friday revised their mortality rate estimates down drastically to 0.4% for symptomatic cases and established an asymptomatic rate of 35%. Factoring in the asymptomatic, the death rate drops to 0.26% overall and about 0.13% if you're under age 65. If you're over 65, the symptomatic death rate 1.3% which would be 0.43% overall. The median age of death is 81 and 99% have underlying health conditions.

Factor that in along with the fact that people are already weary of restrictions, the most likely scenario is that there will be no restrictions in place. The data no longer supports doing so. Expect the rest of the restrictions to be gone by August if not before. But at least by Pollard getting out front with all of this, those at risk individuals aren't punished if they decide to not attend this year.

Let's not forget that this is the same virus that had people dying in the streets in New York City not much more than a month ago. Bodies were stacked up and overflowed the morgues. A football stadium has higher density and longer exposure time than the streets of NYC. Regardless of the statistics on death rates, etc, we know it's dangerous and can overwhelm our medical system because it has already done it.

The data supports lesser restrictions, but not no restrictions. Most activities are fairly low risk and probably can resume with some minor modifications. Having 30,000 people in a stadium is a high risk activity.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
I’m going to guess that the non-donor season ticket holders are going to get shafted with seating assignments, but I’ll be happy just being in the stadium a few times

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Will the ushers be regulating the flow in/out the gates in order to avoid distance regulations? Imagine being shoulder-shoulder with a hacking cough, drunk spectator .

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Having 30,000 people in a stadium is a high risk activity.
Now yes. Who knows what it will be like in September. That is over 3 months away. That's almost a month longer than we've been dealing with this pandemic locally. Who knows what things will be like then.

State2015

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 26, 2016
Reading between the lines, Pollard left a lot of wiggle room.

The CDC on Friday revised their mortality rate estimates down drastically to 0.4% for symptomatic cases and established an asymptomatic rate of 35%. Factoring in the asymptomatic, the death rate drops to 0.26% overall and about 0.13% if you're under age 65. If you're over 65, the symptomatic death rate 1.3% which would be 0.43% overall. The median age of death is 81 and 99% have underlying health conditions.

Factor that in along with the fact that people are already weary of restrictions, the most likely scenario is that there will be no restrictions in place. The data no longer supports doing so. Expect the rest of the restrictions to be gone by August if not before. But at least by Pollard getting out front with all of this, those at risk individuals aren't punished if they decide to not attend this year.

Do you have a link? I'm not doubting you, this is some highly optimistic news if true

2Xclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
So what happens if they don't have 30k renew - will they sell season tickets to non-donors up to 30k?

The 30,000 includes those that buy season tickets but don't donate to the Cyclone Club. I emailed Jamie to ask and he confirmed this.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
For the ticket question I don’t think the issue is people being mad about getting stuck in worse seats. I think the issue is getting stuck in worse seats and still paying for the better seats. People should end up paying for the seats they get. I’m not worried because we donate and normally sit in the corners anyway, but I could see where a person is worried because they pay for good seats and sit in the corners.

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
It pretty much falls in line with what the study at Stanford and other antibody testing has indicated.

cyfan50438

Oct 31, 2007
Garner, IA
I have a question. I am a season ticket holder (13th year) paid up but not a Cyclone Club donor. Would this mean I don't get in this year. Very concerned. I need my ISU football.

2Xclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
a question a friend posed:

what if you had general public last year, and renewed (for new seats) this year and donated. you in or out?

You should be good. I emailed Jamie as I don't donate to the Cyclone Club at this point and he said I'm good...I have general season tickets.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron