***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I was looking at Goodman's list of Top Immediately eligible transfers. ISU is in on a number of them.

https://watchstadium.com/top-20-college-basketball-transfers-who-can-play-in-2020-21-03-24-2020/

1) Justin Turner, 6-4, 205, SG, RS Jr., Bowling Green
Stats: 18.8 ppg, 4.6 rpg
Scout’s take: “Big-time three-level scorer. Has a gift for getting places with the ball. He is really good on or off the ball. He’s one of those guys, if he gets it going, you’re in for a long night. Whichever high-major he ends up at, he will likely be their best player.”
Schools: Louisville, Marquette, Iowa State, Missouri, Arkansas, Xavier
Updated today Marguette, Iowa State, Missouri and BG.

7) Bryce Aiken, 6-0, 175, PG, Sr., Harvard
Stats: 16.7 ppg (7 games)
Scout’s take: “Dynamic scoring and playmaking guard. Uniquely gifted in his ability to create offense. Elite ball-skills and scoring package around the rim. High percentage shooter with limitless range — off bounce or catch. Extremely confident. Improved defender, especially on the ball. Undersized but makes up for it with his effort and toughness.”
Schools: Maryland, Michigan, Seton Hall, Iowa State

14) Terrell Gomez, 5-8, 165, G, Grad, Cal State Northridge
Stats: 19.8 ppg
Scout’s take: “He has unlimited range, doesn’t hunt shots and plays with toughness and confidence. He’s not a primary ball handler, but can initiate offense with him and then run him off screens. Doesn’t get rattled.”
Schools: Arkansas, Iowa State, San Diego State, Washington State

17) Darius Perry, 6-2, 195, PG, Jr., Louisville
Stats: 5.2 ppg, 2.5 apg
Scout’s take: “Good quickness, doesn’t play vertically, but has speed. Better shooter than people realize. More of a 2 than a 1, goes through stretches where he makes poor decisions with the ball — especially against pressure. Would be best in an up-and-down situation. Can be a double-figure scorer in the right high-major situation if he plays a lot and is allowed to rip it on both ends.”
Schools: Alabama, Arizona State, Gonzaga, Iona, Iowa State, Marquette, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon, San Diego State, Seton Hall, Texas, Wichita State

19) Drew Buggs, 6-3, 195, G, Grad, Hawaii
2019-20 stats: 9.4 ppg, 5.4 apg, 4.5 rpg
Scout’s take: “The consummate competitor and leader. Really understands his abilities and plays to them. His greatest strength is his ability to be a floor general and set his teammates up. Plays with great pace and rhythm, great court vision and ability to pass. Weakness is his shooting ability.”
Schools: San Diego State, Gonzaga, Arkansas, Xavier, Iowa State, Utah State, Fresno State, UTEP, Colorado State, Northwestern

32) Devin Gage, 6-2, 190, SG, RS Jr., DePaul
Stats: 9.1 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 3.9 apg (2018-19)
Scout’s take: “Big, strong and physical guard who can really defend on the ball. Can get downhill in the paint. Needs to improve his perimeter shot.”
Schools: Pacific, Oregon State, Cal, Minnesota, Radford, Milwaukee, San Diego, Iowa State

I know the goal is add the best talent available, I like seeing multiple PGs but would feel better seeing wings with more length.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames

Missed this tweet earlier from Goodman. I think this is an important wrinkle to consider when evaluating transfer targets this season.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

ZZZ

Feb 10, 2013
Ames, IA
I'd feel pretty good about getting Turner and Gomez. Turner could come in and start and give us 12-15 a game on the wing, and Gomez could be a gunner off the bench getting 15-25 minutes a night depending on how hot he was from 3.

Edit: I should say I'd feel pretty good about having hope for next year, who knows what that would look like wins loss wise, but I'd have some optimism going into the season.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa

greenec31

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2017
Roland, Iowa
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I'm not seeing it with Gomez, but if Gonzaga is interested, probably worth taking a look. That said, with Gonzaga showing interest, I'd be really surprised if he picks us. Has Steve really tanked Iowa State to a level where talented transfers aren't even interested? Really sad if true

Lol

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
We’re a finalist for three of our top targets. If we miss on all three, then we can start to panic a little.

Side note, I didn’t realize Turner was a RS Jr. a two year transfer like him would he big time.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Absolute best case (lottery ticket odds) would be Aiken, Turner, and Carton

CW didnt include Alan Griffin on his updated big board and within 48 hours he announces his commitment to Cuse. I dont think it's an accident DJ Carton wasnt on the updated big board either. I'd imagine that ship has sailed. Hope I'm wrong but I'd think Chris is pretty much getting this information from the horse's mouth

Current dream scenario would be Aiken and Turner. A backcourt of Aiken, Bolton, Turner would be one of the best in the Big 12.

Strike out on both Aiken and Turner were in trouble!

Reactions: cyfan21

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
CW didnt include Alan Griffin on his updated big board and within 48 hours he announces his commitment to Cuse. I dont think it's an accident DJ Carton wasnt on the updated big board either. I'd imagine that ship has sailed. Hope I'm wrong but I'd think Chris is pretty much getting this information from the horse's mouth

Current dream scenario would be Aiken and Turner. A backcourt of Aiken, Bolton, Turner would be one of the best in the Big 12.

I get what you're saying, but the Carton thing has been extremely quiet, and it's possible/ likely schools recruiting him have been told to pipe down

Reactions: Doc

daniel22

Mar 4, 2011

I posted that Carton was not going to come to Iowa State a while back since I heard from someone connected to recruiting.

I do think it is interesting that Griffen wasn’t listed by CW. I feel we get good information on here by the publishers, so I trust this list!

Any idea on Terrance Lewis and where he might end up? Pemsl and Lewis would be great additions for Drake if that happens

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Iowa State is still in on Carton

Dont think it's strange CW didnt include him on his updated big board if this information is coming directly from the staff? I hope you're right...if we are still players for both Aiken and Carton to run the point I like those odds more obviously.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Dont think it's strange CW didnt include him on his updated big board if this information is coming directly from the staff? I hope you're right...if we are still players for both Aiken and Carton to run the point I like those odds more obviously.

I'm not reading too much into that to be honest

Reactions: ForeverIowan