***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
As much as I love Gomez 3pt shooting and well his ability to shoot and score..his defense as Jordan Bohanon level or worse...

Prohm has to land 1 really really Good PG for this season...That is it...Just land a really good Big 12 quality pg and the rest will take care of itself.

We don't land a really good pG and you can just trash next season and likely Prohm career at ISU.

I sure hope Prohm is doing every single thing within and outsid$$ his abilities to make this happen. Because I can assure you other programs are.

Reactions: Halincandenza

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Not going to lie I don't know what they even means

Our worst defender (TLew) was only -1.3 in the same stat, Gomez is substantially worse than that unfortunately.

He’d be a crowd favorite coming off the bench as a 8-9th man sniper, anything more than that would be a serious issue.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Our worst defender (TLew) was only -1.3 in the same stat, Gomez is substantially worse than that unfortunately.

He’d be a crowd favorite coming off the bench as a 8-9th man sniper, anything more than that would be a serious issue.
But you saw how much Twins liked Lewis throughout the year, so it would make total sense why he would want him.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
We just need a stud PG...BC I think Bolton...Javon John...Solo...Conditt/XF...will all be very solid and can compete in Big 12...along with Tre..

I think 2/4 incoming frosh will be ready for big 12 play...just a hunch.

Land a good PG Prohm.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

What is this defensive box score stat? His PER was 20.8. Only Haliburton, Conditt and Solo had better. His WS was 3.8 which was the same as Haliburton!

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Imagine not wanting a grad transfer guard in our situation that Gonzaga wants. Lol

I think it’s the fact that he wouldn’t take this team from bad to good. Gonzaga just needs some experience at guard and some depth there as they are maybe losing there three best guards and are going to be relying on freshman.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'm not that excited at all about our returning players.

Most people would say Bolton is our best returning player, and I'm pretty meh about him even. For every good play he made this year, it seemed like he made a total boneheaded play.

I thought Conditt was going to have a somewhat breakout year this year, and he went the other way IMO. It seemed like he knew we weren't good, which was true, so he looked really dis-interested out there quite a bit of the time. He has really good potential, but if we're not very good again, likely IMO, then I wonder if he'll be dis-interested again?

Young is Young. He's a very talented player IMO. Has some decent post moves, and a good jumper out to 15 ft. I do think with his frame he should be a better rebounder though. But his really mellow demeanor carries over to his game too IMO. He shows flashes at times and goes off for 20+ pts, but most of the time is under 10 pts. He's a decent role player level player off the bench in the Big 12 IMO.

Tre Jackson- I'm actually pretty excited about the future potential of Jackson. I think he's a really good shooter, so I think that will come as he gets more comfortable and gains confidence. The best thing about Tre though is he works and plays really hard and wants to be great. That attitude goes a LONG ways. But not sure he's a Big 12 quality starter, at least yet.

Javan Johnson- total mystery really. Prohm is really high on him, so hopefully that is accurate and not just Prohm trying to give fans reasons for optimism. Truly though, most likely he'll be a Big 12 level role player off the bench that might be forced to start for us.

As for the newcomers, Foster has the most potential, but we may not see it right away in year one. All the others so far are pretty meh to me. No alpha dogs in the bunch, just bench level players in year one and two probably.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Who is saying he would? We'd be better with him than without him but we still need to add more besides just him
I just think that’s why some people might not be excited about it. But it would be good to have some shooting off the bench at least.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I'm not seeing it with Gomez, but if Gonzaga is interested, probably worth taking a look. That said, with Gonzaga showing interest, I'd be really surprised if he picks us. Has Steve really tanked Iowa State to a level where talented transfers aren't even interested? Really sad if true

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
I'm not seeing it with Gomez, but if Gonzaga is interested, probably worth taking a look. That said, with Gonzaga showing interest, I'd be really surprised if he picks us. Has Steve really tanked Iowa State to a level where talented transfers aren't even interested? Really sad if true
not sure they pursued too hard they are not in his final 4

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I just think that’s why some people might not be excited about it. But it would be good to have some shooting off the bench at least.

I don't know why people wouldn't be happy to add a quality grad transfer in our situation. It's not like we only have one slot to fill

Help Support Us

Become a patron