***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
I wasn't very high on Drew Buggs when the initial conversation about him happened on here. But I'm quickly changing my mind. I seen him and Prohm have followed one another on Twitter so I did what I always do and went to YouTube. Let's say I was pleasantly surprised. He looks like a dude that is going to go out and give 100% every game. He is a very good pass 1st PG and would be even better with a bunch of scorers around him. He averaged 9 points and 5 assists per game. If he could come in and be that kind of distributor that would be great. Bigger bodied guard PG at 6'3 195 Pounds. It seems he is not the greatest 3 point shooter alive but he can hit an open 3 and that's a step up from Last season. If ISU could put Barry, Ellis, and Turner around him along with Solo, Tre, and Bolton around him he could be a very good PG for ISU.

Reactions: CyTwins

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Article from Matthew Bain with a few new names we hadn’t seen Iowa State connected with yet. https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...fer-portal-dj-carton-darius-perry/2896707001/

T
he new names:

Grad:
Jordan Bruner: 6-9 PF Yale (averaged 10 points and 9 rebounds)

JUCO:
Russell Harrison 6-7 SF (averaged 18 and 8 on 41% from 3) 8th ranked JUCO in JUCO recruiting

Justice Hill PG (averaged 13 points per game and 4.3 assists. 18th ranked JUCO)

other names in article
Bryce Aiken, DJ Carton, Jamarius Burton, Keon Ellis, Tahj Eaddy, Darius Perry, RayQwandis Mitchell and Brendan Barry.

looks like ISU is out on Harrison

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I wasn't very high on Drew Buggs when the initial conversation about him happened on here. But I'm quickly changing my mind. I seen him and Prohm have followed one another on Twitter so I did what I always do and went to YouTube. Let's say I was pleasantly surprised. He looks like a dude that is going to go out and give 100% every game. He is a very good pass 1st PG and would be even better with a bunch of scorers around him. He averaged 9 points and 5 assists per game. If he could come in and be that kind of distributor that would be great. Bigger bodied guard PG at 6'3 195 Pounds. It seems he is not the greatest 3 point shooter alive but he can hit an open 3 and that's a step up from Last season. If ISU could put Barry, Ellis, and Turner around him along with Solo, Tre, and Bolton around him he could be a very good PG for ISU.

He's not good.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He's not good.
Yeah I would agree. I see him as a last resort kind of guy. If he ends up being #3 or #4 we take, then I'd be okay with that. If he's #2 or #1, we're in for a load of hurt next season.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Yeah I would agree. I see him as a last resort kind of guy. If he ends up being #3 or #4 we take, then I'd be okay with that. If he's #2 or #1, we're in for a load of hurt next season.
There is a reason I listed Barry, Ellis, and Turner in the same paragraph.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
He's not good.
He is currently the 3 best player in Asst% numbers out of all the grad transfers on the market, and was in the 98th percentile of all players in the Country last season. He may not be the best scorer in the market but for the things he does well he is Elite at. If he has even above average ball handling skills he would have been the 2nd best PG on ISU's roster last season by a wide margin. He would 100% be an upgrade at PG next Season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I think we can throw the "other good schools want him" argument out the door. There are so many scholarships to fill now I don't think I've seen hardly any transfers who haven't had multiple P5 schools after them.