***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Did this kid just struggle badly this year? 27% from 3 doesn't scream elite shooter
His production dipped a ton this season and I think most of it had to do with his minutes constantly fluctuating. There'd be games he'd play 20+ minutes and then games he would see the floor for maybe 5 minutes. I would have to think that messed with him mentally.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
K was changing lineups constantly and playing guys off the bench differently each game and I think he was hurt by that. No consistency. Kid is a really good shooter and would be starting at probably 99% of schools.
Coach K why would you do that you stupid idiot?! Hopefully Duke is in the process of searching for the next head man, because you can't do that at a P6 program and expect to keep your job.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
His production dipped a ton this season and I think most of it had to do with his minutes constantly fluctuating. There'd be games he'd play 20+ minutes and then games he would see the floor for maybe 5 minutes. I would have to think that messed with him mentally.
O'Connell's defense was the main reason why he didn't play more than what he did.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Article from Matthew Bain with a few new names we hadn’t seen Iowa State connected with yet. https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/iowa-state/bbmen-recruiting/2020/03/23/iowa-state-basketball-recruiting-11-transfer-targets-cyclones-transfer-portal-dj-carton-darius-perry/2896707001/

T
he new names:

Grad:
Jordan Bruner: 6-9 PF Yale (averaged 10 points and 9 rebounds)

JUCO:
Russell Harrison 6-7 SF (averaged 18 and 8 on 41% from 3) 8th ranked JUCO in JUCO recruiting

Justice Hill PG (averaged 13 points per game and 4.3 assists. 18th ranked JUCO)

other names in article
Bryce Aiken, DJ Carton, Jamarius Burton, Keon Ellis, Tahj Eaddy, Darius Perry, RayQwandis Mitchell and Brendan Barry.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Opinion from the article I posted: We all know we need to add some shooting and a PG. I’m glad to see us targeting a few forwards that can rebound. I think rebounding needed to be addressed as well as guard play and shooting. I like Conditt, Solo and Foster but it’s very unproven frontcourt as far as rebounding goes.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Opinion from the article I posted: We all know we need to add some shooting and a PG. I’m glad to see us targeting a few forwards that can rebound. I think rebounding needed to be addressed as well as guard play and shooting. I like Conditt, Solo and Foster but it’s very unproven frontcourt as far as rebounding goes.

Our big needs are at the "1" and the "3-4" wing type, so I am glad to see that, too.

I know people are still clamoring for shooting but I see that as a secondary or even a tertiary need right now. Bolton (38.2% in the Big 12) and Jackson (37.9%) can shoot, and I am just going to assume that Johnson can (and if we are going to be any good next year, he is basically going to need to be a 35%+ guy for us to win much).

We need defense, toughness, and rebounding to help our pitiful defense from last year stiffen up and help the offense be in better situations throughout the game.

By the way, thank you for compiling the above information. Very nice of you. <3