Braxton Bayless

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I thought I heard the announcers say he has to work on his grades so he is going to DMACC next year. Might be someone we could be looking at down the road. 23 pts/game, 55% fg, 46% from 3.
Godspeed to the young man. Hope he gets his grades up and he gets an offer from the ISU coach a year or so from now.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Considering he is a 6-01 senior that we haven't heard about, I'm going to guess he's walk-on quality at best. Don't know about the season, but 17 of his points in this particular game came from the free throw line.

Are you saying 17 from the line is a negative?
From the highlights I saw on the news the kid is quick and very difficult to stay ahead of.

The fact he's heading to DMACC is enticing. Let's see where this goes before we fill this thread up with what he isn't.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
At about 1:25 here Bayless makes a play that shows what kind of player he was...

Remind me why was the black on the left shoulder? Was that for street?

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Are you saying 17 from the line is a negative?
From the highlights I saw on the news the kid is quick and very difficult to stay ahead of.

The fact he's heading to DMACC is enticing. Let's see where this goes before we fill this thread up with what he isn't.
Who was the last player from DMACC that played at Iowa State on scholarship? This player can be very good in high school, I'm not doubting that. He doesn't even have a recruiting page on 247, ESPN, or rivals.

Everyone gets in a big huff about how we don't have talent on the team now. Adding a player like this wouldn't be helpful at all.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Who was the last player from DMACC that played at Iowa State on scholarship? This player can be very good in high school, I'm not doubting that. He doesn't even have a recruiting page on 247, ESPN, or rivals.

Everyone gets in a big huff about how we don't have talent on the team now. Adding a player like this wouldn't be helpful at all.
Unless you could pick him up as a preferred walk on. I feel like there are teams out there where every once in a while those walk ons turn into big 12 players. No offense to our walk ons, but I don't think they even provide a lot of good scrimmage time in practice.

One of the areas I think that could be improved on this team. Outside of the one true benefit these guys give in their collective GPA boost to the team.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Unless you could pick him up as a preferred walk on. I feel like there are teams out there where every once in a while those walk ons turn into big 12 players. No offense to our walk ons, but I don't think they even provide a lot of good scrimmage time in practice.

One of the areas I think that could be improved on this team. Outside of the one true benefit these guys give in their collective GPA boost to the team.
Agreed, it would be nice to find some walk-ons with any kind of height too. It seems like it would be more beneficial in practices to go against guys that are closer to Stu and can bang a little down low.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Yes, and you'll notice Morgan Wheat wearing #40 also...
Holy crap. I was going to rip you because I read that several times as Wayne Morgan. Yikes./

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

I mean if he wanted to walk on I am sure he could.

And our current walkons are no different than every other team (except other teams might have some taller guys but the skill level is the same).

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Tre Jackson reminds me of him in a way, with his energy and how he squats down and really tries to mirror who he is defending. Probably too early to put that label on him, but that's who came to mind.
Jackson will be a good one if he just can develop his handle. Everything else just needs to be refined.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

You're the poster child for ******* morons. I only ask why you had an issue with 17 points from the line? I consider getting to the line an attribute.

Further you really think DMACC doesn't produce D1 basketball players? I thought it was enticing because he's got a couple years to refine his skills, he obviously has talent.

Reactions: 4 cyclones

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
My son played him earlier this year. Good player but didn't look anywhere near D1. He's had a great tournament though.

stretchclone

Jan 1, 2008
SW Iowa
He is not D1 material. Bowen Born is 5 times better and didn't get an offer from us. Heck Born didn't get any D1 major offers. Sorry, but this kid turns the ball over to much. I don't even see him at a good D2 school. He is a tweener, D3-low level D2. He needs DMACC to develop and hope to get a D2 offer.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron