This is why Prohm must go........

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Why do you think Iowa State is immune to having a season like this? Serious question. Look around the landscape of college basketball and explain to me why Iowa State can't have a season like what we experienced this year.
I’d guess it’s because they feel the highs are not worth the lows. Also likely because they view it as a continued trend rather than a mulligan or simply a “season” like this. Consistent errors and weaknesses, hidden by inheriting two of the best rosters in program history, as well as one put together by Prohm.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Who's even hiring that would be looking at him? Wake might keep Danny Manning, which is a major lol. Wish we had that level of dumb in a Big 12 AD or 2.
I could see Prohm being willing to take a pay cut to get out ahead of the posse. How much do MW and AAC Coaches make?

The question isn't 'who would hire Prohm this offseason?' It's 'who would hire Prohm this offseason, but not after next season?'

Unless the perfect situation opens up, why would Prohm turn down the extra money, and a top 25 recruiting class he has coming next season?

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
Bruce weber was tyreses coach this summer on the USA u19 team. I imagine he has something to do with his development. He didn't shoot into the lottery because of summer workouts with prohm. He shot into the lottery because he was the leader of the u19 team that wasfull of future NBA players. Now if prohm is the sole reason he did well playing under Weber than so be it, but prohm and his staff aren't the only coaches tyrese has played for in the last year.

Isn't Bruce Weber a high experience coach who we aren't even supposed to compare prohm too? Isn't that what you said Cat, that it isn't fair to compare prohm to the other big 12 coaches like Huggins, Weber, and self?

If there was a dumber than dumb rating.....

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I’d guess it’s because they feel the highs are not worth the lows. Also likely because they view it as a continued trend rather than a mulligan or simply a “season” like this. Consistent errors and weaknesses, hidden by inheriting two of the best rosters in program history, as well as one put together by Prohm.

IMO the whole consistent errors and weaknesses take gets blown way out of proportion. Two "down years" don't define his career at Iowa State and nor should they.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
IMO the whole consistent errors and weaknesses take gets blown way out of proportion. Two "down years" don't define his career at Iowa State and nor should they.
Lol, sure, Steve!!!

It arguably hasn’t been fully realized by those like yourself, but it was clear from early on this staff needed a lot of talent to mask things like being unable to teach ball screen defense. Or manage a lockerroom.

3 in 6 will define his exit, if he doesn’t get help in the form of a great assistant.

• Agree
Reactions: xboxfever

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Who's even hiring that would be looking at him? Wake might keep Danny Manning, which is a major lol. Wish we had that level of dumb in a Big 12 AD or 2.
Eastern Kentucky will probably be looking for a coach after their current one heads for greener pastures.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
? - sounds like some smoke, but A number of folks here have been "rumbling" ever since the FAM loss; then the double-digit beatdown vs Iowa. This thread dates to Mar 2019

Absolutely true but what I notice is that more and more are hearing rumors of something happening yet there aren't any countering them or saying for certain that he's 100% staying our coach. Not one. That's a bit telling to me that something is afoot.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: JBone84 and awd4cy

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
My only thing is if there's an announcement of him departing, that it's done like next week.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
It's hard for me to believe JP would can him outright at this point, for reasons many have previously discussed. Unless it's some kind of managed transition with CSP heading to a minor P5 or mid-major in the south somewhere. Something like that is the only way I can think today is his last day.