This is why Prohm must go........

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I don't think the Freshman will be the ones that determine how good next year's team is. It will be how well guys like Bolton, Johnson, Jackson, Young and Conditt progress and play. I think they need to really go after an immediate impact transfer or juco.
Walker being a positive surprise would go a long ways towards being good next year!

But you’re right. Will the returning rotation guys (plus Johnson) improve? Will 65 learn how to play good team defense? If not, it’s tough to see the freshmen doing so.

I’m worried that the culture needs to change. How does that happen?

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Walker being a positive surprise would go a long ways towards being good next year!

But you’re right. Will the returning rotation guys (plus Johnson) improve? Will 65 learn how to play good team defense? If not, it’s tough to see the freshmen doing so.

I’m worried that the culture needs to change. How does that happen?
I'd settle for walker being able to dribble the ball up the court and make basic passes without turning the ball over. That'd be an improvement over our post-tyrese efforts.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I don't think the Freshman will be the ones that determine how good next year's team is. It will be how well guys like Bolton, Johnson, Jackson, Young and Conditt progress and play. I think they need to really go after an immediate impact transfer or juco.

Absolutely and I hate to be the one to say it but MJ and Nixon will end up being addition by subtraction too. MJ plays hard but he isn't quick enough to play the 4 and way too small to play the 5. Nixon is pretty self explanatory.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Absolutely and I hate to be the one to say it but MJ and Nixon will end up being addition by subtraction too. MJ plays hard but he isn't quick enough to play the 4 and way too small to play the 5. Nixon is pretty self explanatory.
Maybe you’re right, but at the same time, doesn’t make one feel great about this staff! Hopefully they never have another year in which they don’t have a small ball 4 and they avoid allowing guys like Nixon to have such prominent roles going forward. What a messed up roster this year!

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Does anyone want to bring up how poor Texas Tech has been down the stretch and the fact that they might miss the tournament if they end up losing to Texas? They've lost 4 in a row, 5 out of their last 7 including games to Texas, OU, and Oklahoma State..

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
Does anyone want to bring up how poor Texas Tech has been down the stretch and the fact that they might miss the tournament if they end up losing to Texas? They've lost 4 in a row, 5 out of their last 7 including games to Texas, OU, and Oklahoma State..

We lost to Tech by an average of 25 points this year.

If anything Tech's slide shows that it's a down year for the conference outside of Kansas/Baylor as well as how poorly we've played against said down conference opponents.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
To me it feels like cyclone basketball is the 30-handicap golfer and everyone is debating the finer points of the golf swing or proper course strategy, when in reality we need to learn to make solid contact, find the fairway, and stop 3 putting.

Cyclone basketball struggles with defense, rebounding, passing, shooting, etc. We're a million miles away at being good at the basics. We have athletes with size that are 2-3 years into the program...and just aren't that good.

I just don't think four high school recruits + 8 months changes all that. We need a minor miracle in recruiting this spring, and Prohm has to do some serious soul searching about what kind of coach he wants to be.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
Boy, I bet that kind of finish has their fan base disappointed. Even then they weren't in the running for winning the conference this year like we were last year before our slide happened. I wonder if beating us in Hilton by 30 made them over confident.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
We lost to Tech by an average of 25 points this year.

If anything Tech's slide shows that it's a down year for the conference outside of Kansas/Baylor as well as how poorly we've played against said down conference opponents.
Yeah I'd agree on that.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Boy, I bet that kind of finish has their fan base disappointed. Even then they weren't in the running for winning the conference this year like we were last year before our slide happened. I wonder if beating us in Hilton by 30 made them over confident.
Yeah I think the conference as a whole was a lot better last year than this year, but BU and KU are better than both TTU and KSU. That isn't to say KU or BU won't lose before the title game either because that could definitely happen.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

They faded but they'll likely still at least get in the NIT which is miles better than what ISU did after both had to replace a bunch of good players.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
They faded but they'll likely still at least get in the NIT which is miles better than what ISU did after both had to replace a bunch of good players.
Yeah they added a lot more than what we added though. #16 recruiting class in the nation, 2 top transfers, and had a few solid pieces returning. Actually reminds me more of the team we had last year a little bit.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
IMO if he goes something like 7-11 or 8-10 in conference play there wont even be a discussion on his seat being hot as long as he has a good class put together.

If he goes 7-11 in conference and is retained I'll be the most annoying person on this board. Total up all the trolls on CF and I'd be worse.

• Winner
  • Informative
Reactions: CyBobby and Cy$