SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Sammy bleepin Colbray.

tenor.gif

BikeSkiClone

Jul 25, 2014
Am I missing something re: the hate for Schwab? Other than he wrestled for Iowa and coaches a conference opponent?

Did he do something specifically to disrespect Iowa State?

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Am I missing something re: the hate for Schwab? Other than he wrestled for Iowa and coaches a conference opponent?

Did he do something specifically to disrespect Iowa State?
Schwab and Dresser have , not really sure how to put it , but not a great history. Schwab coached with Brands at VaTech and then followed them to Iowa when they took Metcalf Borschel and Slaton with them and left Va Tech in a bad place. Dresser took over that program - lots of bad feelings between Va Tech and Iowa including Dresser calling them “oranges” when Iowa refused to wrestle Va Tech in National Duals.

• Informative
  • Disagree
Reactions: Cy4Lifer and CyGold

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I believe Dresser and Schwab are good friends. Dresser’s daughter baby sits for Schwab’s kids. They seem to get along quite well when they were at the fight night in Waverly.

That's how I took that interaction. "Don't give me any of that 'good match' BS..." like a guy would say to another guy he's cool with who just beat him. Schwab was nothing but complimentary to ISU's guys in his presser, noting how they stepped up in crunch time and his guys didn't. I think there's some oversensitivity happening with this.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Schwab and Dresser have , not really sure how to put it , but not a great history. Schwab coached with Brands at VaTech and then followed them to Iowa when they took Metcalf Borschel and Slaton with them and left Va Tech in a bad place. Dresser took over that program - lots of bad feelings between Va Tech and Iowa including Dresser calling them “oranges” when Iowa refused to wrestle Va Tech in National Duals.

I may be remembering wrong but didn't that have to do with Va Tech refusing to grant Metcalf, Borschel, et al their transfers/scholarship releases after saying it would, costing those guys a year of eligibility. I don't blame Brands for not wanting to let Va Tech elevate its program on the back of Iowa's after pulling that.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I think Schwabs a solid coach and likely a good guy from what I know. Does he get a little wirey? Yeah and that can rub people the wrong way. I appreciate Dressers demeanor much more but I know some UNI fans (yes actually legit uni wrestling fans) who just love the guy and I can respect that.

Help Support Us

Become a patron