Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
She has ONE job. ONE job. And in six weeks she STILL hasn't done it yet.

GetTING the 19yr old granddaughter to get her passport application made is like freaking pulling teeth. She's a procrastinator like none other, which is why we started on her as soon as she accepted the invitation.

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!
Not procrastination but when my niece was going to Italy she called her mom at like 10pm the night before saying she couldn't find her passport. It turned out she had left it at home so mom and dad had to get in the car and drive 200 miles through a snow storm to get it to her on time.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Just got home from ISU uni dual. Still on such a high. That. Was. Awesome.

Wanted to spread my joy on more places on the forum. Hope no one minds.
We were there, too. So much fun to have wrestlers and a team to cheer for, and to have it come to the final match was downright awesome. That is a rivalry!

• Winner
Reactions: Cybirdy and JM4CY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Worst of moms house handled. Still plenty of things to take care of. Have an antique chest of drawers that I have been researching. Been confirmed that it’s pre 1900 and Is from Germany. Turns out to be not much value. Next is a Buffett from a company from Burlington. Need to call their library and give them five bucks to get a search of age and info on it. Older than me is all I know. Some similar items have been over a grand.

The surprise of the findings.....cedar chests are worth more than I imagined. Didn’t know there was still a demand for them. Thought they were about throw away things. Other is end tables, nobody wants them.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Worst of moms house handled. Still plenty of things to take care of. Have an antique chest of drawers that I have been researching. Been confirmed that it’s pre 1900 and Is from Germany. Turns out to be not much value. Next is a Buffett from a company from Burlington. Need to call their library and give them five bucks to get a search of age and info on it. Older than me is all I know. Some similar items have been over a grand.

The surprise of the findings.....cedar chests are worth more than I imagined. Didn’t know there was still a demand for them. Thought they were about throw away things. Other is end tables, nobody wants them.

Antique furniture is mostly worth much less than it was 20 to 40 years ago when the WWII generation ladies liked that stuff and would preserve and refinish the good 19th century stuff. Now it's worth like $25-$40 at an auction unless it's something really special and not a lot of midwest middleclassers had the really special stuff.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone
Status
Not open for further replies.