Xavier foster vs norwalk.

Cyman88

Dec 7, 2017
Took off to what? 6’0”? 6’2”? That doesn’t seem like some incredible feat of growth.
6'3" - open the link. Born is NOT Curry but just sayin'. Would I have held it against Prohm if he offered, nope. Especially given pedigree, current state of affairs, and outlook into the future.

• Dislike
Reactions: CyDude16

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
6'3" - open the link. Born is NOT Curry but just sayin'. Would I have held it against Prohm if he offered, nope. Especially given pedigree, current state of affairs, and outlook into the future.

I would've loved to have Born off the bench as one of those tiny athletic 3 point assassins with high basketball IQ (and possible leadership qualities). But, he'll be fun to watch with Green over the next couple of years.

Cyman88

Dec 7, 2017
I would've loved to have Born off the bench as one of those tiny athletic 3 point assassins with high basketball IQ (and possible leadership qualities). But, he'll be fun to watch with Green over the next couple of years.
Too late I suppose, but consider:

Pedigree:
Mike Born
6-1 (185cm)
Career : FG 46.5%, FG3 41.4%, FT 85.8%, eFG 57.5%

He'll likely grow at least 1-3" and add 20-30lbs in next 3-4 years.

Bowen Born…unleashed for a career-high 49 points in a 73-64 win over Iowa State-bound Xavier Foster and Oskaloosa. Born scored at will from all three levels....he blew past anyone trying to press him outside or drained 3-balls against anyone who didn't. He made all 15 of his free throws. He dropped floaters over, and finished layups around Foster's 7-foot reach.

2 star players never succeed? We know better. Worth one of our 13 scholarships? Yes - given our poor shooting team and what we return next year. If he didn't work out - fine, no loss. Maybe he could help teach our more highly rated guards to defend the 3 point line! Is he really any less worthy of a scholarship than than Boothe/Schuster/Steyer? He will be fun to watch at UNI, but we'll regret this I suspect.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Pedigree:
Mike Born
6-1 (185cm)

Bowen Born…unleashed for a career-high 49 points in a 73-64 win over Iowa State-bound Xavier Foster and Oskaloosa. Born scored at will from all three levels....he blew past anyone trying to press him outside or drained 3-balls against anyone who didn't. He made all 15 of his free throws. He dropped floaters over, and finished layups around Foster's 7-foot reach.

2 star players never succeed? We know better. Worth one of our 13 scholarships? Yes - given our poor shooting team and what we return next year. If he didn't work out - fine, no loss. Maybe he could help teach our more highly rated guards to defend the 3 point line! Is he really any less worthy of a scholarship than than Boothe/Schuster/Steyer? He will be fun to watch at UNI, but we'll regret this I suspect.

He'll likely grow 1-3"?

Boothe, Schuster and Steyer are definitely worth the money we're giving them

Last edited:

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Maybe he could help teach our more highly rated guards to defend the 3 point line! Is he really any less worthy of a scholarship than than Boothe/Schuster/Steyer?
Ummm
giphy.gif

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid

Pedigree:
Mike Born
6-1 (185cm)

lhzbk1oiav341.jpg

hoopitup

Feb 8, 2012
West Des Moines
So Custer was 5’11” and Born is 5’9”. Born is what? Like 150? And that’s why no P6 offers. He’s not fast or quick enough to make up for that in a P6 conference, especially as a pure scoring guard. I’ve seen some talk about the OSU shooters and Jake Sullivan in this thread. Elite spot up shooters. I don’t think that is what Botn is or wants to be frankly. He wants to do his thing and the best place to do that successfully is at a mid-major. This thread is so full of ******* dumb.

So much wrong with this I don’t even know where to start.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
This thread started great, Xavier Foster is incredible, but has turned to dumb. Born went for a whole 19 against DCG tonight. The kid is 5'9" and no way weighs 160-165.

So many Clone fans ripped us for getting Custer and he played against much better comp in Kansas. As a ball dominant 5'9"-5'10" guard (playing 3A ball in Iowa) Born is going to struggle for at least two years in college. His ceiling is Clay Custer and that quite frankly isn't good enough for the Big 12.

This site needs to be permanently shut down. There is a lot of dumb. And if you are a Clone fan that wanted Prohm to recruit Born, there is the door you will not be missed

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames

Will calls it right, Born is a big fat Curly headed ****. And you should have had a prob if Prohm offered, because Born is not better than Javan Johnson, Foster, Blackwell, Walker or Dubar. He is also not better than Foster's AAU teammate Aquan Smart.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
This thread started great, Xavier Foster is incredible, but has turned to dumb. Born went for a whole 19 against DCG tonight. The kid is 5'9" and no way weighs 160-165.

So many Clone fans ripped us for getting Custer and he played against much better comp in Kansas. As a ball dominant 5'9"-5'10" guard (playing 3A ball in Iowa) Born is going to struggle for at least two years in college. His ceiling is Clay Custer and that quite frankly isn't good enough for the Big 12.

This site needs to be permanently shut down. There is a lot of dumb. And if you are a Clone fan that wanted Prohm to recruit Born, there is the door you will not be missed

Sorry your DCG team lost tonight. Shut the site down already. Man...people need to relax.

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Will calls it right, Born is a big fat Curly headed ****. And you should have had a prob if Prohm offered, because Born is not better than Javan Johnson, Foster, Blackwell, Walker or Dubar. He is also not better than Foster's AAU teammate Aquan Smart.

Has anyone ever seen Cycofan and aquan smart in the same place at the same time?

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007

And 3A ball this year is down. Pella Christian, a 2A that has lost 9 games split with #1 3A Norwalk.

• Disagree
Reactions: Cytown12

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
This is probably going to shock some people but basketball height listings often stretch the truth.

hoopitup

Feb 8, 2012
West Des Moines

Wrong dude. It’s people like you who come on here and speak in absolutes about height and weight and needing “2 years” minimum and all the other stuff that need to relax. Very few posters on this thread have said he should have been offered by ISU.

When you start talking about 2A and 3A, that’s almost as ridiculous. If you have spent any time around this kid, whether it be as a friend, acquaintance, Coach, opposing coach, you certainly don’t know what he or anybody else in a similar position is capable of.

As for your point about having a “whole 19 points”, that’s even More ridiculous. Throw in 6 assists and he factored in almost half their points.

There’s the door.

• Agree
Reactions: Drew0311

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
No one knows for sure how a recruit will turn out. Some 5 stars never make it, some lottery picks don't stick in the pros. Every year there's a story about some walk on or low league player like the guy on Baylor who was in D3 who makes it into a good player. The reason it's a big story is the other 1000 players who met the evaluation.

The percentages aren't in Borns favor.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Fwiw.... a few of my Hawkeye co-workers have said that Foster is considering transferring to Iowa already.... sitting out next season, and then taking over for Garza the year after that.

I wouldn't have believed them at all, but a fellow Cyclone friend of mine has also heard the same thing.

I have no idea what to believe, but it does make some sense. The two programs are definitely on a different trajectory right now.