Xavier foster vs norwalk.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Bolton still has a ways to go to be "the man", really needs to be more consistent and needs to be able to play a bit more physical. Quietly though, he's improved the last month or so. Its overshadowed by the teams struggles but he's played much more consistent than he did the first 2 months. Plenty of reasons to be optimistic about him taking the next step over the next two seasons.

It's kind of interesting to think about had he not gotten his waiver, we'd be a much worse team but in the long run, w/l's are irrelevant, we would be a bad team anyway. He's just still pretty raw, a sit out year would have been amazing for him. I get why he wanted to play and this team would be historically bad without him but in hindsight, he wasn't enough to get this team over the hump. Kind of a wasted year for him.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Bolton still has a ways to go to be "the man", really needs to be more consistent and needs to be able to play a bit more physical. Quietly though, he's improved the last month or so. Its overshadowed by the teams struggles but he's played much more consistent than he did the first 2 months. Plenty of reasons to be optimistic about him taking the next step over the next two seasons.

It's kind of interesting to think about had he not gotten his waiver, we'd be a much worse team but in the long run, w/l's are irrelevant, we would be a bad team anyway. He's just still pretty raw, a sit out year would have been amazing for him. I get why he wanted to play and this team would be historically bad without him but in hindsight, he wasn't enough to get this team over the hump. Kind of a wasted year for him.

I mean I appreciate him playing so we have 10 wins at this point instead of 5. I'm sure he's happy playing instead of sitting out too

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I know. Had he had a choice, UNI would have been the correct one so it's all moot.
If he would've had the choice, he would've chosen Iowa State and that would've been the correct choice. UNI doesn't have a top-25 class coming in. UNI doesn't play in front of one of the best crowds in the nation. UNI isn't in one of the best conferences in college basketball. If you have a chance to play in the Big 12 or the Big 10.. you take it. AJ Green is a special case considering his dad is on UNI's staff.

Who knows, next year UNI could end up being worse. Someone could get injured or other teams in the league could end up being really good. Same thing goes for Iowa State.. We could be bad again next year or be solid next year.

hoopitup

Feb 8, 2012
West Des Moines
Custer was a 4 star recruit. Born is a 2 star and I didn't even know 2 star recruits were still a thing

He wasn’t Big 12 material but had a solid career at Loyola. He wasn’t the biggest dude. Born is similar in size but no way u can discount this kid. Everything about this kid is a positive but his size. I think he will be better than u and others think.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He wasn’t Big 12 material but had a solid career at Loyola. He wasn’t the biggest dude. Born is similar in size but no way u can discount this kid. Everything about this kid is a positive but his size. I think he will be better than u and others think.

Why can't I discount him as a major conference prospect?

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006

Custer and Born are similar in size?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
If he would've had the choice, he would've chosen Iowa State and that would've been the correct choice. UNI doesn't have a top-25 class coming in. UNI doesn't play in front of one of the best crowds in the nation. UNI isn't in one of the best conferences in college basketball. If you have a chance to play in the Big 12 or the Big 10.. you take it. AJ Green is a special case considering his dad is on UNI's staff.

Who knows, next year UNI could end up being worse. Someone could get injured or other teams in the league could end up being really good. Same thing goes for Iowa State.. We could be bad again next year or be solid next year.

I think you are in for a rude awakening.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyDude16

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I think you are in for a rude awakening.
And I think you're putting too much stock into this season, just like I think people did for the '17-18' year. You're thinking no one will improve, Prohm won't go out and get any sort of Grad Transfer, and the 2020 recruiting class that's currently #15 is going to suck.

• Agree
Reactions: CyDude16 and Kurttr

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
And I think you're putting too much stock into this season, just like I think people did for the '17-18' year. You're thinking no one will improve, Prohm won't go out and get any sort of Grad Transfer, and the 2020 recruiting class that's currently #15 is going to suck.
We differ in opinion. It's OK.

Reactions: Statefan10

hoopitup

Feb 8, 2012
West Des Moines
Why can't I discount him as a major conference prospect?

My bad I thought u were the one who stated he didn’t have size to be successful at P6 or MVC school. That was another poster.

I think he is more likely to have success at a mid-major than a P6. However, I would never discount him to have some success at a bigger school.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
One is listed at 6’1 and the other at 5’11.

So Custer was 5’11” and Born is 5’9”. Born is what? Like 150? And that’s why no P6 offers. He’s not fast or quick enough to make up for that in a P6 conference, especially as a pure scoring guard. I’ve seen some talk about the OSU shooters and Jake Sullivan in this thread. Elite spot up shooters. I don’t think that is what Botn is or wants to be frankly. He wants to do his thing and the best place to do that successfully is at a mid-major. This thread is so full of ******* dumb.