Starting Lineup Post Halliburton?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

fsanford

Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Here's my theory on Nixon's shooting. I bet if you charted it, he's got a pretty good percentage inside the 3 point line. If I were him, I'd just shoot a bunch of long 2's.

So your saying change in the 3 point line changed at best marginal 3 point shooter into a really bad one.

He does shoot like what 46% from 2? . Which is double his 3 point percentage

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
giphy.gif

Why not?

He’s going to have to shoot. They all are. We can focus on solo and George all we want. But the guards in there are going to have to shoot. They will ALL miss a lot. It will be ugly.

but Nixon is a lot better just inside the arc. When he shouts he should be shooting from there.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Why not?

He’s going to have to shoot. They all are. We can focus on solo and George all we want. But the guards in there are going to have to shoot. They will ALL miss a lot. It will be ugly.

but Nixon is a lot better just inside the arc. When he shouts he should be shooting from there.
Prentiss is 3 and 2/3 the way thru 4 years of play. Hes a bad shooter.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
So your saying change in the 3 point line changed at best marginal 3 point shooter into a really bad one.

He does shoot like what 46% from 2? . Which is double his 3 point percentage

that’s my theory. ;). I know he’s shot a lot fewer long twos. But I bet most of them have gone in.

also part of the reason we ***** about Nixon is that he’s the only one with the balls to shoot some of the time.

• Creative
Reactions: Stereotype

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I don't get the infatuation some have with Lewis. /QUOTE]

I hear what you are saying, he certainly isn't the messiah or missing piece. I think the general thought process is "he can't be substantially worse than Nixon or Grill, give him some minutes and let him either be better and stay in the lineup, or else be worse and go back to plan A". At least, that is my thought process.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

did I say he was good? No. He’s bad. THEY ARE ALL BAD. I’m saying that if he has to shoot (And he will have to shoot, we can’t just get a shot clock violation every time), he should take a step in.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
that’s my theory. ;). I know he’s shot a lot fewer long twos. But I bet most of them have gone in.

also part of the reason we ***** about Nixon is that he’s the only one with the balls to shoot some of the time.
Nixon is shooting a whopping 15% from the 3 in conference play. I think people are giving him s*** for that stat alone, which is absolutely horrific.

fsanford

Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles

I am really hard on him, but you are right he has no fear.
Just think he shoots us out of games more than he keeps us in them, but he is clearly not the only problem.

This team in general is set up to be a 3 point shooting offense when it needs to be a 15 foot pull up kind of offense, with the skill set they have.

The 15 footer is not a bad shot when your 3 point shooting, is as bad as ISU's is.

• Agree
Reactions: jsb

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I am actually wondering if Nixon will be more effective being the PG. I wonder if he has in the ball in his hands more he wont feel the need to jack up dumb shots? Maybe he felt whenever he touched it he had to shoot?

I do think he gives us the best chance to win so from that perspective he should play (our offense was a mess until he took over).

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
PG: Mike
SG: Jacobson
SF: Mike
PF: Jacobson
C: Mike

Is that lineup a little less dumb?

for sure.

why do you think you’re lineup is better? I think you have to start Nixon because it is Tyrese you are replacing. If you were replacing Jackson, sure go with Lewis over Nixon.

I’m not as committed to Jacobson starting but he was really good on Saturday so why not? He hasn’t been getting tons of minutes anyway, so I’m not sure why you think he’ll get 40.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
That's probably the dumbest thing I've read.

I know we are all playing for the future and all of that ********. But Mike was a difference maker on defense on Saturday and Nixon was the only one that could handle the ball without Tyrese in there.

Precious Terrance and Zion will get PLENTY of minutes. We have 40 minutes to make up every game and in a lot of games Terrance was getting more than 10 minutes WITH Tyrese.

The data says different.. What game were you watching? 1/6 shooting.. Almost all of his misses are short because he's fading away.. Solo had the good game. Jacobson did not and hasn't all year
upload_2020-2-10_12-46-12.png

upload_2020-2-10_12-46-55.png

Mike might have the largest regression for a P5 starters in the NCAA this year. And he's not coming back, so what the point?

Reactions: heitclone
Jan 4, 2020
I don't get the infatuation some have with Lewis. He's had plenty of opportunities this season to carve out more minutes and seems like he just can't string together 2 or 3 good games in a row after he has 1 good one. His minutes obviously will increase now but Nixon for defensive purposes is probably a better fit for the starting lineup.

I hope this means we start establishing our post game more early like we did again KSU. We play our best when we aren't just chucking up a bunch of long jumpers and make an effort to establish our big guys in the paint and have our guards attacking the hoop. Tyreese was pretty much the only reliable 3 point shooter on the team so hopefully we have finally got to a point we realize we can't live and die by the 3 point shot like we have in the past.
To be fair, when Terrence has a good game he normally doesn’t get more than 10 minutes in the next two games. So it would be kinda hard to string a streak of good games together.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I am actually wondering if Nixon will be more effective being the PG. I wonder if he has in the ball in his hands more he wont feel the need to jack up dumb shots? Maybe he felt whenever he touched it he had to shoot?

I do think he gives us the best chance to win so from that perspective he should play (our offense was a mess until he took over).

our only hope is feeding the post. And our only hope for feeding the post is Nixon.

Completely understand we are building for future. But Zion, t lew, and grill will get plenty of time.