Jacobson
Young

What I wish the lineup would be:
Bolton
Jackson
Lewis
Young
Conditt

I hope it's your I wish line up is the choice too just so CF can see what that lineup on the floor actually looks like.

• Winner
Reactions: jsb

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
G: Tre
G: Bolton
G: Lewis
F: Solo
C: Conditt

subs: Grill, Griffin, Jacobson then Nixon. In that order

That's probably the dumbest thing I've read.

I know we are all playing for the future and all of that ********. But Mike was a difference maker on defense on Saturday and Nixon was the only one that could handle the ball without Tyrese in there.

Precious Terrance and Zion will get PLENTY of minutes. We have 40 minutes to make up every game and in a lot of games Terrance was getting more than 10 minutes WITH Tyrese.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Jackson fouls too damn much right now, he can't play even if he should. Gotta get that squared away first.

Can't argue this.. But you hope with the added minutes, comes with an understanding we need you on the floor. No Halli anymore to fall back on.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I see there being about 0.1% chance that anyone other than Nixon is running the point at the start of the game. And frankly, not sure how you do anything else after that KSU game. ISU was completely falling apart offensively and Nixon came in and they ran actual offense and got good looks. Obviously he hasn't had the year he or fans hoped for and has been a frustrating part of this years' struggles, but have to give him credit, he pretty much came in and saved that game.

Either way, expect plenty of offense with space and the ball in Bolton's hands trying to get to the rim. Not ideal with the two big lineup, but at this point there are no good options.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I hope it's your I wish line up is the choice too just so CF can see what that lineup on the floor actually looks like.
Mike has exhausted his minutes as a Cyclone in my opinion. He should only play if absolutely necessary and be the third option. Griffin should come in and get one of Solo or Conditt, while Grill and Nixon should come in for Bolton, Jackson, and Terrence when necessary.

The rest of the season should be all about evaluation.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Can't argue this.. But you hope with the added minutes, comes with an understanding we need you on the floor. No Halli anymore to fall back on.

HE HAS BEEN GETTING LOTS OF MINUTES. He had 23 on Saturday and he didn't get more because he picked up 2 straight fouls early and we had a 20 point lead.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Mike has exhausted his minutes as a Cyclone in my opinion. He should only play if absolutely necessary and be the third option. Griffin should come in and get one of Solo or Conditt, while Grill and Nixon should come in for Bolton, Jackson, and Terrence when necessary.

The rest of the season should be all about evaluation.

This is such a stupid take.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I don't get the infatuation some have with Lewis. He's had plenty of opportunities this season to carve out more minutes and seems like he just can't string together 2 or 3 good games in a row after he has 1 good one. His minutes obviously will increase now but Nixon for defensive purposes is probably a better fit for the starting lineup.

I hope this means we start establishing our post game more early like we did again KSU. We play our best when we aren't just chucking up a bunch of long jumpers and make an effort to establish our big guys in the paint and have our guards attacking the hoop. Tyreese was pretty much the only reliable 3 point shooter on the team so hopefully we have finally got to a point we realize we can't live and die by the 3 point shot like we have in the past.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
HE HAS BEEN GETTING LOTS OF MINUTES. He had 23 on Saturday and he didn't get more because he picked up 2 straight fouls early and we had a 20 point lead.
But the rotation has shrunk now, it is a much different dynamic than going into the game on Saturday.

He will need to learn to play with 3 and 4 fouls.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Would like to see Jackson try to get his offense going. You know, the way that Nixon hunts shots, that's Jackson's next step. If his defender has a hand down on the perimeter, make him pay for it. I think he has that type of game in him, but he needs the green light/confidence to do it. I'd prefer him to hunt shots as opposed to Nixon or even Bolton in some cases.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
yuck

Just put Jackson out there and let him get experience, ISU is playing for next year at this point

I see where you're coming from. I like Jackson as a player, but he is so far from ready to have the ball in his hands a bunch and initiating offense. And I think he's far enough off that throwing him into that role is just not fair and I don't think it will do him much good. I think there's a point at which getting thrown out there to take your lumps is productive. I don't think he's even at that level yet in terms of PG duties.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Here's my theory on Nixon's shooting. I bet if you charted it, he's got a pretty good percentage inside the 3 point line. If I were him, I'd just shoot a bunch of long 2's.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I see where you're coming from. I like Jackson as a player, but he is so far from ready to have the ball in his hands a bunch and initiating offense. And I think he's far enough off that throwing him into that role is just not fair and I don't think it will do him much good. I think there's a point at which getting thrown out there to take your lumps is productive. I don't think he's even at that level yet in terms of PG duties.

And not to mention that he's injured. Obviously he's gotten used the mask, but I can't imagine it doesn't throw him off a bit.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Would like to see Jackson try to get his offense going. You know, the way that Nixon hunts shots, that's Jackson's next step. If his defender has a hand down on the perimeter, make him pay for it. I think he has that type of game in him, but he needs the green light/confidence to do it. I'd prefer him to hunt shots as opposed to Nixon or even Bolton in some cases.

This I think makes a lot of sense. I don't think having Tre be ball dominant is a good plan, but I do think having him be much more aggressive offensively is the next important step in his development. Would like to have him get lots of shots up the rest of the year.

• Agree
Reactions: LincolnSwinger

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Dear Prohm,

Commit to the G**D*** rebuild and don't play Jacobson or Nixon more than just resting the potential returners

Sincerely,
Cyclone fans who want win next year

P.S. please start recruiting a grad transfer PG. Money bags or whatever it takes to be relevant again

Disagree with this take. Would be a horrible thing to do if you want to continue recruiting any kind transfer players. I've been wanting to see both of their minutes decrease some too but Nixon pretty much has to play after loosing Tyreese. I'd like to see Jacobson lose some minutes to Conditt and Griffin too and even see what happens if both Young and Conditt are on the floor at the same time but depth wise he too is going to have to play a significant ammount of minutes in the rotation with how this roster is constructed. I really liked his energy against KSU, he may have only scored 2 points but he was really active when he was in the game blocking 2 shots aw well as getting 2 steals to go with 5 boards. I thought the whole team in general really started the game out with a lot of energy and toughness on defense and hope they keep that up and build on it because when they play that that it helps overcome our deficiencies on the offensive end.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Here's my theory on Nixon's shooting. I bet if you charted it, he's got a pretty good percentage inside the 3 point line. If I were him, I'd just shoot a bunch of long 2's.
giphy.gif

• Winner
Reactions: Stereotype

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The problem with this is that he actually has a ton of wide open threes that he misses. Lol if he has a wide open 3 he has to take it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron