Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I used to her calls from Veronica, Rachel and another woman who all sounded alike and was so excited to talk to me. Always had health insurance she wanted to talk about. I guess I keep getting calls asking for Todd somebody and always the same person. I’ve had my number since 95, so I know no Todd has ever had it.
I sometimes get calls for Robert asking if I want to donate to a veteran's cause or to buy insurance. I recently received a text to Bob asking if I remembered a certain night at a bar?

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I sometimes get calls for Robert asking if I want to donate to a veteran's cause or to buy insurance. I recently received a text to Bob asking if I remembered a certain night at a bar?

Sounds like the beginning of a movie to me.

RunninMan

Nov 18, 2013
I don't recall that mine was expensive, but it happened in the last century, so...
In reality it won't be super expensive but it sure seems like it when we're both young and I'm fresh out of college. She has been graduated and working for a few years now so that helps. We both hate spending money in the first place so it's all just a little unnatural to be spending so much money at one time on things like a photographer and reception venue.

RunninMan

Nov 18, 2013
Depends on what you're looking for, but YES. I think we were only $3-5k from my parents.

The words 'Wedding and Baby' seem to up the cost of things.
Right!? One venue we looked at charged $200-$300 /day for corporate events and $2000 /day for wedding receptions, and these were both Saturday rates. What's really the difference that costs $1500?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
In reality it won't be super expensive but it sure seems like it when we're both young and I'm fresh out of college. She has been graduated and working for a few years now so that helps. We both hate spending money in the first place so it's all just a little unnatural to be spending so much money at one time on things like a photographer and reception venue.

Well you can save some by just DMing your RTT friends we don't need fancy invites to the reception:p:D;)

RunninMan

Nov 18, 2013
Well you can save some by just DMing your RTT friends we don't need fancy invites to the reception:p:D;)
If I ever get to meet any of you in person I'll consider it! I think KC has stalked my Facebook before but that's probably the closest anyone has been that I know of.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
If I ever get to meet any of you in person I'll consider it! I think KC has stalked my Facebook before but that's probably the closest anyone has been that I know of.
If it's any help - I've completely forgotten who you are now that you've changed your avatar. Penalty of being old. Or perk. Take your pick!

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
They don't HAVE to be...

Ours wasn't! We did destination all inclusive though, so we really just paid for our own trip and got a lot of free perks.

And haters will say destination is selfish.

giphy.gif

We did this intentionally as we both don't like a lot of personal attention and the sound of a traditional wedding sounded TERRIBLE to us. We wanted to do us, and those that wanted to join could. We made it very clear when inviting people there was no pressure and we didn't expect anyone to have to spend money to come. It was more like come to a vacation with us if it sounds fun, and there will be a wedding mid-week.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
We have a large (~18lb) black cat that doesn't mind being brushed...to a point. Like most black cats, the fuzzy undercoat is brown. Tab lets me brush his sides & back, but not the backs of his hips and legs. So now, when he walks away from us, he looks like he's wearing pantaloons. I have such dorky cats...

• Funny
Reactions: oldman and NWICY

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Right!? One venue we looked at charged $200-$300 /day for corporate events and $2000 /day for wedding receptions, and these were both Saturday rates. What's really the difference that costs $1500?

People aren't usually drunk and puking at corporate events.

I'm guessing another part of it is potential repeat business. You're more likely to get repeat rentals from a corporate customer than a "one-time" wedding event. I'm sure the alcohol and time of the day/night it will be used also comes into play.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
We have a large (~18lb) black cat that doesn't mind being brushed...to a point. Like most black cats, the fuzzy undercoat is brown. Tab lets me brush his sides & back, but not the backs of his hips and legs. So now, when he walks away from us, he looks like he's wearing pantaloons. I have such dorky cats...

18 lbs? Sounds like he enjoys not moving more than getting away from a brushing. My cat goes apeshit if you try to brush her. or touch her, or look at her. Ok my cat is the devil.

Status
Not open for further replies.