NCAA Tourney Path

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
NET rankings (thru 1-16) for ISU, ISU opponents #'s, head-to-head results, remaining schedule. I didn’t do a Quad summary for this update.

69 Iowa State 8-8 (1-3 Big 12)

1 L at Baylor
2 L Kansas
12 W Seton Hall
12 L vs. Seton Hall
28 L vs. Michigan
29 L Iowa
46 W vs. Alabama
55 L at Oregon State
58 W Oklahoma
60 L at TCU
207 W Northern Illinois
272 W Kansas City
260 L Florida A&M
264 W Purdue Fort Wayne
321 W vs. So. Miss
348 W Mississippi Valley State

Yet to face:
1 Baylor
2 at Kansas
8 West Virginia H/A
11 at Auburn
32 Texas Tech H/A
53 Texas H/A
58 at Oklahoma
60 TCU
79 Oklahoma State H/A
103 Kansas State H/A

Last edited:

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
10-8 gets is one win from KU, BU, WVU, or TTU as well as running the table in the rest. That also puts us at a minimum #5 in the conference. I think we're in at that point regardless of the Auburn game.

But the likelihood of that happening is still very low.

• Agree
Reactions: ATCy

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
A lot of people are bitter about how the season is going. People come here to vent. So they see a thread like this and just think it's ridiculous. I get what you are going for. My overall point is that we will get better and with a couple of big wins, 19 should be be enough to get us in. But before everyone gets all worked up, I agree that most likely we will need to win it all in KC. But I also think it will be possible to do so.

Definitely some story still left to be told at this point in the season whether we're contending for a tourney spot or not, and that is still interesting to me at this point.

Can we settle on a rotation? Can we make it interesting down the stretch? Will one of the young guys emerge as a solid contributor alongside Haliburton/Bolton/Conditt?

I just don't want to see a repeat of 2017-18. I was so ready for that season to end.

• Agree
Reactions: adjl

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I feel like we are getting better. Despite what some people think around here, CSP is an outstanding coach. We lost a ton of productivity from last year. It's going to take time to build this team up. I promise you by the end of the season we will be significantly better and will still have a shot. Unlike those guys to the east of us, our team gets better as the year goes on. And we have the trophies to prove it.
We are getting better cause we couldn’t get possibly lower than we were a week ago.

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
Well, we definitely can’t get any worse.
I hope you’re right though, because watching them get blown out at Hilton is depressing.

It could be much, much worse.
We've been blown out at Hilton twice which should be unacceptable, but the team has made strides in the right direction. 13 point loss on the road at Baylor is not a bad loss.

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
We've been blown out at Hilton twice which should be unacceptable, but the team has made strides in the right direction. 13 point loss on the road at Baylor is not a bad loss.
And we destroyed a solid Oklahoma team. I don't get why that game doesn't count in some people's mind? It should give us some hope.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
And we destroyed a solid Oklahoma team. I don't get why that game doesn't count in some people's mind? It should give us some hope.

Feel like i'm trying to be a realist here.
Oklahoma is certainly a good win. and gives me some hope.. but its not a great win or a season changing win. Those are ones we need to win. Same with the Baylor loss - don't have a negative opinion on the season for losing that game.
At this point you could argue our resume is every bit the same as OU (minus FAM loss).

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Related question: Say Cyclones lose all the games that are expected (KU, BU, TTx2, WVUx2, Auburn) and win 7 of the other 8. That would be 15-16. In this hypothetical, several of the losses are hard-fought, just don't get over the hump, but it gives us hope. (Maybe that doesn't matter to this question.) Then crazy things happen and 4 wins in KC result in the automatic berth at 19-16!

What's the seed? 12? A 12-5 game might be fun!

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Snow has hit Cedar Rapids it appears and road conditions going to deteriorate quickly. The early out would have been a disaster today. I went on record on Twitter for 4.1 inch of snow prediction at the DSM airport, should be pretty close. The heaviest stuff is done. But with wrap around snow overnight, could hit 6 inches. Most of the networks raised totals early this morning as the amounts creeped up overnight. I think north of DSM 6-8 inches will be the norm by Saturday morning.

Are you blaming Prohm for this?

• Funny
Reactions: Cyfanisu

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
Are you blaming Prohm for this?
200.webp

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and IASTATE07

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Snow has hit Cedar Rapids it appears and road conditions going to deteriorate quickly. The early out would have been a disaster today. I went on record on Twitter for 4.1 inch of snow prediction at the DSM airport, should be pretty close. The heaviest stuff is done. But with wrap around snow overnight, could hit 6 inches. Most of the networks raised totals early this morning as the amounts creeped up overnight. I think north of DSM 6-8 inches will be the norm by Saturday morning.
giphy.gif

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA

Haha, I love your optimism but the previous 2 weeks of ISu basketball had 3 of the worst losses in the history of Hilton Coliseum, so of course this week looked better. In addition, we were down to Baylor by 20 with 5 mins left in the game. It was not a close 13 point loss by any means and in that second half they destroyed us. We have 14 Big12 games left and a game vs Auburn. 9 more wins gets us to 17-14, @ 10-8 in big 12. I don't think that gets us in with the FAMU anchor around our necks. Not only that, but where do we find these 9 wins?

@Ttech - L
OSU - W
@Aub - L
Bay - L
@ Tex - L
@ WVU - L
KSt - W
@ OU - L
Tex - W
@ KU - L
Ttech - L
TCU - W
@OSU - W
WVU - L
@KSt - W

I can see us getting 6 more wins, putting us at 7-11 in Conference and 14-17 Overall. That doesn't even get us into the CIB...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron