Replacement for Ruhle at Baylor?

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Surly...spot on! Wait, I just agreed with you...crap. But Rhule is definitely in the cat bird seat here...doesn't have to go anywhere if the deal isn't there.

The issue is that he's going to end up like Hoiberg here. Once he's shown interest, recruiting is going to take a dive. It's pretty much understood that it's a when the right job opens up, not if. So if he doesn't take one of these openings, is he doing Baylor more harm than if he were to leave this year? (Not that o have an issue with that)

But, I assume he's going to wait to see what happens in Dallas before taking either the Giants or Panthers jobs.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
The issue is that he's going to end up like Hoiberg here. Once he's shown interest, recruiting is going to take a dive. It's pretty much understood that it's a when the right job opens up, not if. So if he doesn't take one of these openings, is he doing Baylor more harm than if he were to leave this year? (Not that o have an issue with that)

But, I assume he's going to wait to see what happens in Dallas before taking either the Giants or Panthers jobs.

At some point Jerry Jones is going to have a Jerry Jones problem where you quality head coaches aren’t going to want to coach for him.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
ap-browns-football-e1578324465710.jpg

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
At some point Jerry Jones is going to have a Jerry Jones problem where you quality head coaches aren’t going to want to coach for him.

I totally agree. I was a Raiders fan for a long time and the last few years Al Davis was still alive they had a very hard time getting good coaches to interview. Soon Jerry will be in the same boat.

On the flip side, most people qualified to coach and NFL team have a pretty healthy ego. I'm guessing a lot of coaches feel they "can manage Jerry Jones better than Jason Garrett did". I don't agree with that but I'm sure there are people who fall into that category.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I totally agree. I was a Raiders fan for a long time and the last few years Al Davis was still alive they had a very hard time getting good coaches to interview. Soon Jerry will be in the same boat.

On the flip side, most people qualified to coach and NFL team have a pretty healthy ego. I'm guessing a lot of coaches feel they "can manage Jerry Jones better than Jason Garrett did". I don't agree with that but I'm sure there are people who fall into that category.

Seriously, who was the last Cowboys head coach that Jerry had a good relationship with? Jimmy Johnson? Jerry is a wildly successful and intelligent man yet he's still too stupid to realize that he's 95% of the problem.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Seriously, who was the last Cowboys head coach that Jerry had a good relationship with? Jimmy Johnson? Jerry is a wildly successful and intelligent man yet he's still too stupid to realize that he's 95% of the problem.

They've had maybe 3 coaches since? Its not like they running coaches off like the Browns here.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron