Good-Jones

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I suggest the players are his (cmc) players more than ours and protecting them and keeping them shielded from outside crap is an important part of cmc's job.

I agree completely.

I support Campbell taking this approach. I also think anyone who puts any stock into what he says openly about a player is an idiot.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I suggest the players are his (cmc) players more than ours and protecting them and keeping them shielded from outside crap is an important part of cmc's job.
Oh give me a break. He, and every other coach, do it for competitive advantage. I don't have a problem with that. It's really none of our business anyways.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
Oh give me a break. He, and every other coach, do it for competitive advantage. I don't have a problem with that. It's really none of our business anyways.
Yes they do it for competitive advantage, but I am REAL confident CMC would do it even if their was no competitive advantage while most others would not.

Reactions: Scott34 and JM4CY

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
It's a fetish thing. I think they get turned on by doing it. Think some of these guys would be better off just hanging out on some Reddit sub forum. :rolleyes:

Comment all you want after something is reported/announced/confirmed but this first in with bad stuff based on a rumor from Barney the bartender is just a game for pathetic guys to feel important for their five minutes. Imagine being friends with them and sharing something confidential with them?

Sadly many of these rumors from media turn out to be true. SOME of the rumors from the chatboards turn out to be true.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I love CMC and generally feel he is an honest man, but he has been anything but forethecoming when it comes to player eligibility. When it comes to actual news about player eligibility a coach is the last person I put stock in.
Except when there is corroborating evidence.

If Good-Jones were suspended for failing a drug test, he wouldn’t be traveling and working out with the team, would he?

• Agree
Reactions: Rick

Jerms

May 13, 2011
Atlantic, IA
Good point. Now I’m curious. Just how many times has the guy with the 49 game starting streak been suspended, and for what?

I was just thinking the same thing. He's started 49 out of 50 possible games in his career. Pretty sure he hasn't been suspended, especially not multiple times.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Good point. Now I’m curious. Just how many times has the guy with the 49 game starting streak been suspended, and for what?
I believe he was one of the guys who was suspended against SDSU last year. The game didn't technically count so his streak of starting wasn't affected.

• Informative
Reactions: Aclone

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
We've got Notre Dame right where we want them. They are trying to figure out 'Do we completely change the game plan with JGJ playing or not?'

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Except when there is corroborating evidence.

If Good-Jones were suspended for failing a drug test, he wouldn’t be traveling and working out with the team, would he?
I don't know. I guess we'll see. When this kind of stuff starts to pop up it seems like 90% of the time it turns out to be true in some fashion. Regardless, what coach says means nothing because he's not going to tell you if the player is ineligible for anything less than a season ending injury.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan