Far too much controversy here...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Respect. Manhattan was founded here in large part due to Fort RIley providing protection and commercial opportunities. A significant segment of the city's population is active duty or retired Army personnel. American Airlines is here because the First Division lobbied hard for it. The university, K-State Athletics and the First Division have many joint programs and people on both staffs who direct that activity. The former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs is K-State's president. K-State and the Army are very close. It would be an appropriate act of recognition to wear the Big Red One patch and represent them at the LIberty Bowl.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Respect. Manhattan was founded here in large part due to Fort RIley providing protection and commercial opportunities. A significant segment of the city's population is active duty or retired Army personnel. American Airlines is here because the First Division lobbied hard for it. The university, K-State Athletics and the First Division have many joint programs and people on both staffs who direct that activity. The former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs is K-State's president. K-State and the Army are very close. It would be an appropriate act of recognition to wear the Big Red One patch and represent them at the LIberty Bowl.
Would they do it if they were playing anyone but Navy? Doubtful.
Ergo...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
K-State teams have a long history of wearing Army 1st Division insignias when not playing Navy. Ergo ...

cs-kstate-campbell-color-92-893x1024.jpg
CIMG4131.jpg
Army-Football.jpg

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Actually, he doesn't seem like the type to troll a fellow land grant. He might be sending a subtle message to his own student body?
Jamie Pollard
@IASTATEAD

·
19h

We are over 7,200 tickets sold for the
@CWBowl
Only need to sell about another 750 tickets to sellout. Be part of history and be there in person to watch the Cyclones play Notre Dame for the first time ever. Go Cyclones!

Note this was yesterday. The ticket office has already asked the bowl for more tickets as they expect to be sold out of our allotment by this evening.

I highly doubt he has any concerns about ISU showing up for the bowl.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
https://www.heartlandcollegesports....vq-scYhDRX-IFBcMfjypuvYPFNGzSJrY7cwHQmhKmqA-M

BEST AND POOREST CHANCES FOR A BIG 12 BOWL WIN?
Duke: This is tough because I feel like the Big 12 got some tough bowl game draws this season. I think Kansas State has the best chance to win against Navy in the Liberty Bowl. Navy is a solid team sitting at 9-2 before their annual matchup with Army this weekend but both teams are going to run the football. I just feel like Kansas State is a better team overall and will be able to run successfully. That’s no knock-on Navy but Kansas State will be the best rushing attack they have seen all season long.

For the poorest chances of winning, I would have to lean with the Oklahoma/LSU matchup. LSU is just a different animal than what Oklahoma has seen all season long. Surprisingly it’s not the LSU defense, it’s the LSU offense that’s putting up insane numbers. No team this season has slowed down the Tigers offense and I am skeptical if the Sooners can do that although they have been playing well defensively. It’s a tough draw but as crazy as it sounds, Oklahoma got the best playoff opponent you could ask for. It was a toss up between this game and the Iowa State/Notre Dame game for me.

• Funny
Reactions: VeloClone

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
https://www.heartlandcollegesports....vq-scYhDRX-IFBcMfjypuvYPFNGzSJrY7cwHQmhKmqA-M

BEST AND POOREST CHANCES FOR A BIG 12 BOWL WIN?
Duke: This is tough because I feel like the Big 12 got some tough bowl game draws this season. I think Kansas State has the best chance to win against Navy in the Liberty Bowl. Navy is a solid team sitting at 9-2 before their annual matchup with Army this weekend but both teams are going to run the football. I just feel like Kansas State is a better team overall and will be able to run successfully. That’s no knock-on Navy but Kansas State will be the best rushing attack they have seen all season long.

For the poorest chances of winning, I would have to lean with the Oklahoma/LSU matchup. LSU is just a different animal than what Oklahoma has seen all season long. Surprisingly it’s not the LSU defense, it’s the LSU offense that’s putting up insane numbers. No team this season has slowed down the Tigers offense and I am skeptical if the Sooners can do that although they have been playing well defensively. It’s a tough draw but as crazy as it sounds, Oklahoma got the best playoff opponent you could ask for. It was a toss up between this game and the Iowa State/Notre Dame game for me.
Some writer thinks KSU has a better chance of winning their bowl than OU or ISU.
Congrats? Seriously, dude...you really need a life.