Narveson to Transfer

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Do they have to enter the transfer portal at a certain time? It seems odd to me to announce before the bowl game.

I wonder if it's tied to the early signing period? Like he could get picked up and get enrolled at another school and get spring ball in.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I remember reading about him when we first signed him. I was thinking that we finally had a kicker that could hit a long FG if we ever needed it. It sucks that he didn't pan out here, but hopefully he ends up somewhere that's a better fit.

FWIW, I would hate to be a kicker. You could hit 99 out of 100 field goals, but if that one miss costs you a game, that's what people will remember.
Case in point:

First miss in two years.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I remember reading about him when we first signed him. I was thinking that we finally had a kicker that could hit a long FG if we ever needed it. It sucks that he didn't pan out here, but hopefully he ends up somewhere that's a better fit.

FWIW, I would hate to be a kicker. You could hit 99 out of 100 field goals, but if that one miss costs you a game, that's what people will remember.

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
Narveson hasn't impressed on kickoffs. Too many kicks out of bounds. Not very many reached the end zone. His squib kicks were usually fielded before the ball even got to the opponents' 30 yard line. I hope this is a step toward revamping our special teams in all areas. We would have beaten Iowa and Baylor and maybe KSU with better special teams.

Reactions: Die4Cy

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
Narveson hasn't impressed on kickoffs. Too many kicks out of bounds. Not very many reached the end zone. His squib kicks were usually fielded before the ball even got to the opponents' 30 yard line. I hope this is a step toward revamping our special teams in all areas. We would have beaten Iowa and Baylor and maybe KSU with better special teams.

He didnt handle kickoffs I didnt think. I thought Paddock did.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
You probably have to be on the kickoff team to impress on kickoffs.

Peyton Paddock has handled kickoff duties this year.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018

******* Gary Anderson.

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

DERP DERP DERP

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Was at the Nebraska 23-23 tie game and everyone from back then remembers Tom Goedjen's missed XP that would have given us a 24-23 lead. Almost no one, other than me, remembers the Nebraska kicker also missed an XP earlier in that game. Goedjen was a good kicker, I'll say that even if he did hit on my gal at the Cave Inn one night. ;)

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Was at the Nebraska 23-23 tie game and everyone from back then remembers Tom Goedjen's missed XP that would have given us a 24-23 lead. Almost no one, other than me, remembers the Nebraska kicker also missed an XP earlier in that game. Goedjen was a good kicker, I'll say that even if he did hit on my gal at the Cave Inn one night. ;)
Wasn't that the only missed PAT of Goedjen's career as well?

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Power 5 kickers / kicking has always been an enigma for me... It's like there are 64ish spots for kick off & FG/PAT. With the number of high school boys in the USA you'd think every single P5 team could have an excellent kicker every single year. My HS team used a kid from the soccer team. He did three things all practice; practiced kick-offs, FGs, and PATs.

Why aren't they all great?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Only 2-4 on fgs for the year and all were 40+ yarders. Staff must not have been too impressed with him in practice.

I think it was simply a matter of stronger leg but less consistent so he got some longer try attempts.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron