***Official ISU Bowl Predictions***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
I'd like to play ND, just to shut Kelly up - he made a comment during realignment, something to the effect of "why would TX ever want to go play in Ames, IA?" I think he was still sour that ADJP wasn't willing to wait on him in 2006, holding out for the MSU job that went to Dantonio.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
What if we play Notre Dame, beat them, they fire Kelly and go hard after Campbell?

Would we rather win the bowl by ND or smoke them and lose Campbell? Would the ND AD be knocking on the ISU locker room door after the game asking to talk to Campbell?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
What if we play Notre Dame, beat them, they fire Kelly and go hard after Campbell?

Would we rather win the bowl by ND or smoke them and lose Campbell? Would the ND AD be knocking on the ISU locker room door after the game asking to talk to Campbell?

That would be very Pollard-esque!

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
I know bowls can pick whoever they want with their spot in the pecking order but I’m curious what the determining factor is for a 3 way tie in conference? IF ISU & Texas win out and Baylor loses out to Texas AND KU(longshot) we’d be in a 3 way tie with Baylor and Texas(also assuming OSU loses to either WVU or OU). Is it possible that we’d still be in the conference championship game with a shot at the Sugar Bowl???

Reactions: 2020cy

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
I know bowls can pick whoever they want with their spot in the pecking order but I’m curious what the determining factor is for a 3 way tie in conference? IF ISU & Texas win out and Baylor loses out to Texas AND KU(longshot) we’d be in a 3 way tie with Baylor and Texas(also assuming OSU loses to either WVU or OU). Is it possible that we’d still be in the conference championship game with a shot at the Sugar Bowl???
nopeeee were eliminated

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

Step 1: ISU, BU and UT in a round-robin. All 1-1.
Step 2: Record vs OU. All lost.
Step 3: Record vs OSU (assuming they're the only 5-4 team). UT won, BU won, ISU lost. ISU out.
Step 4: UT and BU head to head. UT wins. BU out.

Championship game: OU vs UT

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Did anyone review the CBS projections? Is that Jerry Palm (because that would explain a lot).

They have 3-4 K-State to the Alamo and us to the Cheez-It. Which means the Liberty Bowl would pick TCU over us. We brought 25k last time, TCU would bring 5k max.

Those are literally the worst projections I’ve ever seen...it’s like they don’t even watch B12 football. I’m not even going to link it to get them the clicks.

FrankDrebin

Jul 21, 2014
Did anyone review the CBS projections? Is that Jerry Palm (because that would explain a lot).

They have 3-4 K-State to the Alamo and us to the Cheez-It. Which means the Liberty Bowl would pick TCU over us. We brought 25k last time, TCU would bring 5k max.

Those are literally the worst projections I’ve ever seen...it’s like they don’t even watch B12 football. I’m not even going to link it to get them the clicks.

I’ve got to think whoever loses the title game out of likely Bu or OU goes to the Alamo unless Ut jumps Baylor in the alamo’s eyes. Both filled that place last time they went there.

From there it’s probably either UT or ISU to the Camping World Vs ND. I have to think they jump on UT if the Alamo passes on them.

Then it’s the Texas bowl and TCU/OkSt probably have the inside track- especially TCU. I don’t think Ut will fall to here but if they do they fall no further.

Then Liberty probably takes ISU if available. Outside shot of KSU if they win out.

CheezIt would then pick between the last two left. Worst case is ISU fallling here.

Then the first responder bowl gets the last team there.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I bet we land in the Camping World Bowl. And it WON'T be against Notre Dame. As someone else said, if CWB gets Notre Dame they'll match Texas against them. In that case I'd predict that Texas Bowl match up against A&M

FrankDrebin

Jul 21, 2014
I bet we land in the Camping World Bowl. And it WON'T be against Notre Dame. As someone else said, if CWB gets Notre Dame they'll match Texas against them. In that case I'd predict that Texas Bowl match up against A&M

Since Nd won’t get the Orange Bowl or the NY6 at large bid I’ll be shocked if they aren’t in Orlando as that has next pick and the ACC teams aren’t exactly appealing other than Clemson this year.

Reactions: CTTB78

egunzy

Mar 16, 2008
Humeston, IA
Still a lot of moving parts. Assuming ISU wins out AND the Big 12 somehow gets 2 teams in the NY6 then it would be down to ISU, Okie State and Texas for the Alamo. However if Texas picks up a 5th loss this weekend you would have to think they would be out of contention for the Alamo.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I believe it is Palm that has traditionally been HORRIBLE in bowl projections. I think he's declined a lot for NCAA tourney projections too.
That would be assuming he had room to move down. His tourney projections were always the worst.