***Official ISU Bowl Predictions***

FrankDrebin

Jul 21, 2014
Baylor is going to lose to OU in the Big 12 championship and will play in the Alamo.

Regardless of who wins that matchup the loser of the title game is probably going to San Antonio.

Best stage for ISU would be to sneak past UT for the Camping World Bowl vs a well regarded ND. With UT and either BU or OU available I don’t see the Alamo picking ISU for a second year in a row. These bowls rarely pick teams two years in a row if possible.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
What if we play Notre Dame, beat them, they fire Kelly and go hard after Campbell?

Would we rather win the bowl by ND or smoke them and lose Campbell? Would the ND AD be knocking on the ISU locker room door after the game asking to talk to Campbell?
If Campbell is on their list...and Kelly is let go...it doesn't matter whether ISU beats them in a bowl or not. They'll be calling regardless.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I really doubt we end up playing ND, but it would be worth it, just to piss of the Iowa fans. They have been crying about renewing the series with ND for years.
Just playing ND would be a win for ISU. Playing one of the true blue blood programs in the country and then listening to Iowa fans, would be well worth it, win or loose.

cuphues

Aug 5, 2011
Dallas
Not saying it won’t happen, but do you really think a 10-2 Notre Dame team will get slotted to the Camping World Bowl? I get it that several pundits have slotted them there, but I guess I have a hard time believing they won’t sneak into a New Year’s Day game with a 10 win record. Although I would be extremely excited for an ND/ISU match up, it would seem to me that a match up with a 10-2 team playing a team with 4 losses wouldn’t be that great of a match up for TV ratings (not saying that I think we couldn’t beat them). You would think a 10-2 team with the historic stature of ND would play a team with 9 wins or more in their bowl match up.

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006
Not saying it won’t happen, but do you really think a 10-2 Notre Dame team will get slotted to the Camping World Bowl? I get it that several pundits have slotted them there, but I guess I have a hard time believing they won’t sneak into a New Year’s Day game with a 10 win record. Although I would be extremely excited for an ND/ISU match up, it would seem to me that a match up with a 10-2 team playing a team with 4 losses wouldn’t be that great of a match up for TV ratings (not saying that I think we couldn’t beat them). You would think a 10-2 team with the historic stature of ND would play a team with 9 wins or more in their bowl match up.

Camping World Bowl has first shot at Notre Dame after the NY6, so it’s the most likely destination for ND right now.

cuphues

Aug 5, 2011
Dallas
Camping World Bowl has first shot at Notre Dame after the NY6, so it’s the most likely destination for ND right now.

I get it that the Camping World Bowl has first shot at ND. Just still find it hard to believe they don’t somehow sneak into the NY6 with a 10-2 record. A lot of football still to be played. Would think several Big 10 teams still lose a game or two, which could open the door for ND to slip into the Orange Bowl.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I really doubt we end up playing ND, but it would be worth it, just to piss of the Iowa fans. They have been crying about renewing the series with ND for years.
Just playing ND would be a win for ISU. Playing one of the true blue blood programs in the country and then listening to Iowa fans, would be well worth it, win or loose.

Another one of their 'rivalries'?

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

FrankDrebin

Jul 21, 2014
I get it that the Camping World Bowl has first shot at ND. Just still find it hard to believe they don’t somehow sneak into the NY6 with a 10-2 record. A lot of football still to be played. Would think several Big 10 teams still lose a game or two, which could open the door for ND to slip into the Orange Bowl.

Having only the Cotton with an unrestricted at-large bid hurts their odds. The other two bowls with at large spots are semifinals this year.

Fiesta and Peach are for the playoff. No shot for ND there.

Rose & Sugar are contracted to PAC, B1G, Big 12, and SEC.

Orange Bowl is locked into an ACC team on one of their spots. The other spot is whoever is highest ranked between any remaining Big Ten teams or SEC teams or possibly ND. It’s unlikely ND outranks the other options.

Then the Cotton has ONE at large spot. At #16 they’d need a ton of help.

Then best shot after that is the camping World.

Last edited:

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Oregon's loss should give OU a better shot at CFP if they win out. Baylor to Sugar Bowl.
Okie st doesn’t have there qb and the CFP doesn’t respect Baylor so both of those wins are likely to move the needle enough for them to move up enough.

bradcyclone

Jan 25, 2009
If Iowa State wins and Oklahoma State loses next weekend and both Baylor and OU make NY6 bowl, will the Alamo select the outright 3rd place team?

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
If Iowa State wins and Oklahoma State loses next weekend and both Baylor and OU make NY6 bowl, will the Alamo select the outright 3rd place team?
The Alamo gets to select whichever Big 12 team they want. If the scenario you described happens, they would certainly select Iowa State.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Hate to be negative but IF we lose to K-State and end up 7-5 what do you think is the most likely destination? Memphis again?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron